Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 30
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jun 12 2015 8:04 PM

So I went to the Logos Cloud site and put in my login info not knowing exactly what Logos Cloud provides on top of what I already own. And the first time I opened Logos I have over 4GB of updates downloading. So what exactly did I get my self into? Are these extra resources that are available through logos cloud on top of what I already own? I understand there will be different packages available so what exactly is being downloaded right now to my desktop?

I thought Logos cloud was just a cloud based version so why is some data downloading to my desktop application?

Diego

Logos 6 Platinum on Windows 10

Posts 32110
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jun 12 2015 10:57 PM

Diego Lara:

I thought Logos cloud was just a cloud based version so why is some data downloading to my desktop application?

Your Logos applications are all integrated. If you did not have a Logos application on your computer, the Cloud version would remain in the Cloud. Because you have a desktop version, Logos will keep them synchronized.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 5192
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 9:07 AM

Diego Lara:

Logos Cloud is a subscription service, like Adobe Creative Cloud. Faithlife has, however, managed to accidentally confuse a very large number of actual and potential customers as to what Logos Cloud is, so don't feel bad about being confused by it yourself.

Posts 30
Diego Lara | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 13 2015 12:18 PM

Ok that answers my question. Looks like it signed me up for the full premium version of Logos Cloud which added a lot of resource

Logos 6 Platinum on Windows 10

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS