Aquinas' Catena Aurea

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jan 28 2010 12:17 PM

I'll throw out the request again, any more takers for the Community Pricing of Thomas Aquinas' Catena Aurea?

http://www.logos.com/communitypricing/details/5216

One of the great Christian theologians of our time...his commentary on the Gospels uniquely using the work of the early Church Fathers!  A 13th century masterpiece, well worth even $40 on community pricing!  (Books go for $120 - $150).

Sign up - help give us all this great treasure, we are 50% there at $20!!!! Can you bid $40 if you have already bid, that will let less people push this work over the top!

Thank you and God bless!!

Posts 22
Peter Jonas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 12:32 PM

Looks like an awesome resource, well worth $40.  I click yes.

Peter Jonas

Arcadia, WI

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 1:37 PM

It looks to me roughly that 50% of the needed funds are there at a $20 bid, and about 28% of the funds are there at a $40 bid.

Without going through all the algebra, I calculate that about 3.5 times the number of people have bid $20 as have bid $40. 

So for example, if 10 people have bid $40, then 35 people have bid $20 (you can see the math, the 35 people have bid $700, and if that is 50% of the total funding, or $1400, then the 10 bids of $40, or $400, is 28% of the total funding. This 35 people includes the 10 $20 bids, so 25 people have bid $20 as their highest bid.  Lost yet? Confused

SO -------  in this example, if the 25 people who bid only $20 would just up their bid to $40, we would have $35 people at $40, or $1400 - EXACTLY the funding price!

If you BID $20, could you please consider bidding $40???   Thanks so much for considering it, it's a great piece of biblical work!!

Posts 229
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 2:44 PM

Unfortunately, the highest point is actually only 40% but your basic logic still stands. Actually, the situation is actually a little improved - it would only take everyone who has already bid to increase to $36 (if they have bid under this amount) for it to get to 100% - that's without taking into account anyone you can convince to bid who hasn't already.

Last week I did an analysis on each Community Pricing title http://community.logos.com/forums/t/10089.aspx - I'll redo the calculations again next month .

But just at a quick glance comparing with last week there has been an increase in bidding and the amount bid - but still some ways to go.

If you're wanting to champion this title then go for it - your audience is growing - by my observation there are an extra couple of thousand users on the forums now compared to 3 weeks ago. A lot of these people are likely to have never heard of the community pricing page.

Scripture set to music for worship and aid memorization. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-DojPa0TlpCGhtUJq1e3Pw

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 2:54 PM

Domminick Sela,  if he, (Thomas Aquinas) is one of the great Christian Theologians of our time, then I am thinking you are alot older than most of us!!!! 

How old are you?

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 3163
Dominick Sela | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 3:06 PM

Oops I slipped on my age....maybe this photo of me a few millenia ago will help you guess..

Posts 579
Jim VanSchoonhoven | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 3:20 PM

Holy Moses you are old!

In Christ,

Jim

Posts 19254
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 3:24 PM

Jeremy White:

it would only take everyone who has already bid to increase to $36 (if they have bid under this amount) for it to get to 100% - that's without taking into account anyone you can convince to bid who hasn't already.

I bid $40 on this as soon as I knew about it, so there's no way for me to increase my bid. But I sure think it would be worth $40, so if anyone is hanging out at the $10 or $20 point, please consider increasing to at least $25 or $30...

Posts 2492
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 4:19 PM

I just increased mine from $20 to $40.

Posts 10822
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 4:24 PM

OK I increased my bid from $22 to $40.

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jan 28 2010 10:38 PM

Hey Jeremy,

I have a spreadsheet where if you put in the bid prices and eyeball the percentages (then tweak to account for error in eyeballing), it will give you the roll up bids for each value, if all the lower people were to up there bid to that value.

Let me know if you want a copy

Clinton

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 7:35 AM

HEY Everybody!

We are finally seeing a chance this will make it out of community pricing. If you want it and are only in for the low end of the bidding, I would ask you to consider one thing. This has been on CP so long now, the rate of inflation would justify each of us bumping up our bids 10%.

I'd do it if there wasn't a ceiling on the bid graph. (I'm topped out.) This resources will be worth every penny. And the Community Pricing is the closest thing to getting it for free. Consider the George Mueller set that is in Pre-Pub for $79 now. CP bidders are locked in for $15. 

So please look at it again and consider increasing your bid (or entering one) for this great resource.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1659
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 8:01 AM

Dominick Sela:
any more takers for the Community Pricing of Thomas Aquinas' Catena Aurea

Check out Rosie's supportive post listing the contributors.

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/15032.aspx

Regards, SteveF

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 2:08 PM

Just increased my bid from $20 to $40. Let's get this done!

Posts 3781
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 2:15 PM

Clinton Thomas:
I have a spreadsheet where if you put in the bid prices and eyeball the percentages (then tweak to account for error in eyeballing), it will give you the roll up bids for each value, if all the lower people were to up there bid to that value.

Clinton:

I would like a copy of this sheet if still available.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 2279
Andy | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 2:17 PM

Just up-ed my bid to $40 also...

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 2:27 PM

Floyd Johnson:

Clinton:

I would like a copy of this sheet if still available.

Me too. (Not that I will really understand it but ...let's give it a try)

<edited out email > Wink Got it Clinton. Thanks!

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 386
Clinton Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 3:25 PM

Floyd Johnson:
floydj

Matthew C Jones:
S.u.p.e.r.t.r.a.m.p

Sent.

Posts 3781
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 3:55 PM

Got it as well - thanks.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 6 2010 3:57 PM

Up mine from 20 to 40 Smile

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS