Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 34 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 12:13 PM

So when the book is retired, do I need to delete it from my hard drive? Or will it automatically go away, like when I hide a resource?

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 12:27 PM

It depends. It <may> be that they allow you to keep the resource. In which case it will stay. If you want to delete it, you can "hide" it. If they do take away the license, then as of 6.4 (currently in beta), the resource will automatically be deleted.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 2236
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 1:18 PM

It would be good if they decide to reissue with better printing. The whole idea of the reprint from the original was with the vowel points. Absurd pricing now on Amazon for it.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 9961
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 1:28 PM

alabama24:
If they do take away the license, then as of 6.4 (currently in beta), the resource will automatically be deleted.

They did take the licence away and thus the book is no longer listed in the library - however, to delete the 160MB resource file, one needs to actively issue the new-as-of-6.4-latest-beta command "delete unlicensed resources".

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 3658
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:00 PM

NB.Mick:
one needs to actively issue the new-as-of-6.4-latest-beta command "delete unlicensed resources".

Or wait for the next stable release to do it.

Posts 9961
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 2:11 PM

Francis:

NB.Mick:
one needs to actively issue the new-as-of-6.4-latest-beta command "delete unlicensed resources".

Or wait for the next stable release to do it.

Not or. Unless Logos were to change the design of this, one needs to actively issue the command (i.e. the 160mb file won't go away automatically "by itself" as the license does). Those on the latest beta release may do so today, others after they get the 6.4 stable release.

I don't advise switching to the beta just to win these couple of MB for such few days - and the developers are still fixing bugs in this command. 

Posts 271
Don | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 5:20 PM

Is this the file? 9781433671296.logos4 with a size of 162MB and a date/time of 6/16/15 11:30. If so I will delete it manually.

Posts 9961
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 5:45 PM

Don:

Is this the file? 9781433671296.logos4 with a size of 162MB and a date/time of 6/16/15 11:30. If so I will delete it manually.

Yes.

Posts 2282
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 3:04 AM

How can I delete it from my Android device? The resource keeps showing in my library.

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 3658
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 6:15 AM

Did you download it to your android device? If yes, just press on the info button and then hit remove. If no, does it show in your desktop application? If yes, place it in your hidden resources. It will remove the local file and when you sync, it should normally do the same for your android device.

Posts 2282
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 10:50 AM

No, and no. Therefore, unfortunately no solution. ..

Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 3658
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 10:54 AM

Have u synced on your Android device? The other thing you could try if you have notre already is to download the resource and then remove it.

Posts 2282
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 6:38 PM

After syncing a few more times, that resource has finally disappeared! Big Smile

Posts 18651
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 7:00 PM

You won't need to manually delete files for resources that you no longer have the license for. They've introduced a new command "delete unlicensed resources" as of Logos 6.4 (which is in Release Candidate mode now, so it should go gold by early this week).

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 28 2015 7:33 PM

Rosie Perera:

You won't need to manually delete files for resources that you no longer have the license for. They've introduced a new command "delete unlicensed resources" as of Logos 6.4 (which is in Release Candidate mode now, so it should go gold by early this week).

For clarification: this is an L6 tip... not mobile (android/ios)

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 2 of 2 (35 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS