Search Doesn't Work with Chinese Bible

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 1565
PL | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Jun 16 2015 12:11 PM

Hi Philip,

There is a long-existing bug in Logos (desktop).

When you search for 耶穌 in the CUV Bible, it finds no hit.  When you search for 耶 穌 (with a space in between), it finds all the hits where either character appears, in whatever order.

In other words, searching for a multiple-character phrase doesn't work with the CUV Bible. This happens with the standard search tool, or the inline search for the CUV Bible.

Can you please make sure this gets fixed? It's embarrassing that this fancy, high-end Bible study tool can't even do such a basic, simple search.

Thanks,

Peter 

Posts 306
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 1:52 PM

Hi, Peter,

Thank you for reporting the bug.  However, when I tested it and it is fine.  I typed in 耶穌 in standard search tool or the inline search for the CUV Bible, the software lists all the words of 耶穌.  I am not sure what is the problem on your end.  Please feel free to call me (

360-685-2342)during business hours and I would be glad to test it with you on the phone.  Thank you.  

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 16 2015 8:23 PM

Peter,

Like Philip, my search also works for both CUV (simplified and traditional), I used 耶稣 for simplified and 耶穌 for traditional.

I tried searching using all the following and it works

• right mouse click on 耶稣 in CUV to search
  • copy and paste the word in the search field
  • type the word 耶稣 in the search field

I tried the search successfully with Language settings as English or Chinese. My OS X 10.10.3 is in English. 

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 1565
PL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 6:45 AM

I am using Windows 8.1, Logos 6.4 latest beta, CUV Traditional 上帝版.  Please see attached screen shot.

Posts 306
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 4:51 PM

Thank you, Peter, for providing the screen shots.  We will look into the problem and post any updates on this forum.

Posts 306
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 17 2015 5:05 PM

Hi, Peter,

We tested it here and it seems to be all working fine.  Could you contact our customer service department and they will take time to go through the test of your computer with you?  The contact phone number is: 800-875-6467.  Email: customerservice@logos.com.  If they cannot find out where the problem is, please let me know and we will have developers to do further investigations.  I am sorry for the inconvenience.

Posts 3
Chung-Ru, Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jun 20 2015 5:00 AM

I have another searching problem. I search "義" in Psalms, but there has only 10 results. Obviously, it is incompletely. I use another software(BW) to search "義" in Psalms and it shows 147 hits... Please see attached screen shot.

Posts 306
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 23 2015 1:28 PM

Hi, Chung-Ru,

Thank you for reporting the search issue on Logos.  Did you let the computer finish synchronizing the library?  If the library is not synchronized after the updates, the search results will not be complete.  If you still have the issue after synchronizing the library, please contact our customer service and they will spend time to solve the issue with you.  The contact information is on the previous post.  Thank you and sorry for the inconvenience. 

Posts 69
陶小占 Jimmy To | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2015 4:39 AM

現時當打下關鍵字 作搜尋時,logos 往往會 提示 你選擇 搜尋相關詞組(加上的字元在後),如義人、義路..  但卻不會提示 加上的字元在前的詞組 , 如公義、不義... 

暫時若想搜尋所有 "含有涉及關鍵字" 的句子,要加上萬用字元 * 在前或在後,(本身用法是  

• * stands for any number of characters in a word. So s*n would find son, sin, seven, Solomon, seen, spoken, etc. ‘Any number of characters’ can mean zero, so love* would find love, loved, lover, lovely, love’s and lovers. 

https://wiki.logos.com/detailed_search_help

如圖

Posts 3
Chung-Ru, Wang | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jun 25 2015 7:21 PM

謝謝您的分享,非常有幫助。

陶小占 Jimmy To:

現時當打下關鍵字 作搜尋時,logos 往往會 提示 你選擇 搜尋相關詞組(加上的字元在後),如義人、義路..  但卻不會提示 加上的字元在前的詞組 , 如公義、不義... 

暫時若想搜尋所有 "含有涉及關鍵字" 的句子,要加上萬用字元 * 在前或在後,(本身用法是  

• * stands for any number of characters in a word. So s*n would find son, sin, seven, Solomon, seen, spoken, etc. ‘Any number of characters’ can mean zero, so love* would find love, loved, lover, lovely, love’s and lovers. 

https://wiki.logos.com/detailed_search_help

如圖

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS