Visual filter to highlight words added in our english bibles that are not in the orginal Heb. or Greek?

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 148
Michael Wert | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jun 21 2015 10:52 AM

I was in Ps 103

1  Bless the Lord, O my soul,  

and all that is within me,

bless his holy name!  <<this bless is not in the original Heb. but was added.  I use Andersen-Forbes Phrase Marker Analysis also, but in the initial reading would like it highlighted.

y Bless   the   Lord O   my   soul
1 בָּרֲכִ֣י 4 אֶת 5 יְהוָ֑ה ►2 3 י 2 נַ֭פְשִׁ
bā·rǎḵîʹ ʾěṯ   yhwh   y nǎp̄ʹ·ši

and   all   that   is   within   me
6 וְ 7 כָל 8 קְ֝רָבַ֗ 9 י
w ḵāl     qerā·ḇǎʹ y

bless   his   holy   name
10 אֶת 13 ו 12 קָדְשֹֽׁ 11 שֵׁ֥ם
  ʾěṯ w qǒḏ·šōʹ šēmʹ

The Holy Bible: English Standard Version. (2001). (Ps 103:1). Wheaton: Standard Bible Society. Is it possible that where there is one of those little black dots • that word could be highlighted.  It seems other versions italicizes them but not in the ESV or maybe I am missing something. Thanks,  Mike

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2015 11:27 AM

This could only work with literal translations. FL may have the means of implementing this in that in the linear text these are marked by a dot symbol. Unfortunately, symbols are often not searchable in Logos, so we users cannot come up with our own filter. But still, even without having to translate, you can -- if that would work for you -- use the dots to tell you words that are not in the original language though either understood or required for proper English sentences. The NASB does italicize added words.

Posts 232
Todd Frusti | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2015 11:44 AM

It seems like The Lexham English Bible also italicizes words that have been added.

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jun 21 2015 12:34 PM

And a few others, mostly the AV/KJV/ASV derived versions.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS