Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 27 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 188
Si | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:25 PM

Bill Shewmaker:

Bill Shewmaker:

SiCochran:
Your only solution may be to call to Logos.

SiCochran, thanks for the input. When all else fails...call the company. I will try to do that today.

I called CS this morning and waited about 20 minutes. Told the CS person what I needed and that it had already loaded to L3. She unlocked the files into L4 and all told...less than 25 minutes and all my new resources were added to L4...I didn't have L4 running when I called and all I had to do was start L4. I confirmed with CS that all was right with the world again...Big Smile

Bill,

You are welcome!  I am glad Logos was able to take care of you.  It is a nice feeling to have the books download into L4 after many frustrating attempts to get them in the L4 library.  Hope you enjoy the Sproul collection.

Si

Posts 188
Si | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 1 2010 7:33 PM

David J. Wilson:

Were you working with the updated Logos 3 files in Logos 3 before you tried to get Logos 4 to recognize everything, or were you working from the original old Logos 2 files from the CD ?     The RC Sproul files were among the last ones to be updated.   I had updated mine before moving to Logos 4 and everything went as expected (currently showing 28 RC Sproul totles available in Logos 4).

http://blog.logos.com/archives/2009/04/r_c_sproul_digital_library_gets_updated_to_libronix.html

David,

I ran the update script to get the L2 book files into L3 book files.  I also synced my license in L3.  Neither one of these things got the Sproul library into L4 (scanning for the books did not work either).  It appears that installing the Sproul library after L4 is installed requires a call to Logos.  I have seen a number of different people struggle with getting this collection into L4, which leads me to believe this is a widespread problem.  However, Logos takes care of it with a phone call to tech support.  Not an ideal situation, but I still appreciate the fact that Logos works hard in getting old resources into L4.

Si 

Posts 24
Marcus Baird | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 9:33 AM

I hope Logos will come up with a fix for this instead of everyone having to call CS. I was considering upgrading to version 4 but I have seen so many problems with version 4 that I'm waiting for who knows how long. I do not have the kind of time I have seen people use to get things working. I just do not have that time. I was hoping it was ready for more prime time.

Blessings,

Marcus

Posts 32144
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Mar 28 2010 3:58 PM

Marcus Baird:
I was considering upgrading to version 4 but I have seen so many problems with version 4 that I'm waiting for who knows how long.

Just remember that the forums are for people with questions and problems - in no way a representative sample of Logos 4 users. Many individuals have had no problems. It depends on your system, your resources and how you use Logos.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 1142
Juanita | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Mar 29 2010 6:44 AM

Marcus Baird:

I hope Logos will come up with a fix for this instead of everyone having to call CS. I was considering upgrading to version 4 but I have seen so many problems with version 4 that I'm waiting for who knows how long. I do not have the kind of time I have seen people use to get things working. I just do not have that time. I was hoping it was ready for more prime time.

Marcus, if this helps at all, people are reporting much shorter wait times for Logos support:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/14359/110614.aspx#110614  They are extremely helpful and I always feel that they put the customer first; and if you call right after Logos opens in the morning, there is very little wait if any.  Although the forums have many users who can answers questions, they also have several Logos tech's, e.g. Melissa, Bradley, and George, who monitor threads that relate to problems users are having with indexing, crashing, etc.  Overall, there are a lot more issues (in my opinion)  in moving from L3 to L4 than there were in previous major upgrades but L4 is the future.

Posts 1
matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2012 4:17 PM

There is a guy on Ebay who is selling illegally copied Christian software. This includes the RC Sproul Digital Library. Not sure who to contact about this problem. He has been doing it for years now. His name on Ebay is sbagelle. I hope someone will investigate it more. 

Posts 1649
Room4more | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2012 4:39 PM

Ebay has buyer protection, you will need to go that route if that is where you got it….sorry.

DISCLAIMER: What you do on YOUR computer is your doing.

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, May 23 2012 11:09 PM

matt:
There is a guy on Ebay who is selling illegally copied Christian software. This includes the RC Sproul Digital Library. Not sure who to contact about this problem.

Welcome Big Smile

One idea is email to Logos Customer Service => http://www.logos.com/about/contact with links to some eBay example(s) so Logos can forward internally to appropriate employee(s), who can follow-up with eBay.

Keep Smiling Smile

Page 2 of 2 (28 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS