Correcting user induced spellcheck errors

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 758
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Jun 22 2015 9:39 PM

One of the folks in our users group inadvertently added an incorrectly spelled word to his dictionary.  Is there some way to correct this? 

He also believes that incorrect words used to have a solid underline and are now underlined with a dashed line.  My version (6.3 SR-2) is currently dashed.  Did it change?

Posts 162
LogosEmployee
Chris Culy (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 23 2015 7:53 AM

I don't think anything has changed; incorrect words have always been indicated with a dashed line.

There is a way to remove words from your custom dictionary using the command box at the top of the window. The following is from the help file (there should be more information in the help file on using the command box as well):

Remove a Spell-Check Word

remove word from language

Removes a word you have previously added to your custom user spell-checking dictionary in a given language.

• remove mishmosh from en removes the word “mishmosh” from the English dictionary.

Logos ships with these dictionaries by default:

• en English
  • es Spanish

I hope that helps. Thanks!

Posts 758
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 23 2015 8:46 AM

That worked.  Thank you Chris.  I had searched the Wiki and the Forums, but I hadn't checked the Help file.  I didn't pick up on the term "spellcheck" until I searched the Forums and I didn't go back to Help file, or I would have been able to locate your suggestion.

Posts 162
LogosEmployee
Chris Culy (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jun 24 2015 8:03 AM

Great! I'm glad that worked.

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS