Passage List as an attribute field for user-defined labels?

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Jul 1 2015 8:21 PM

I want to create a user-defined label where one of the attribute value pairs is a Passage List.  Problem is, I'm unsure what the "value type" field should be set to.  My goal here is when the user starts typing, Logos will show the relevant existing passage lists.  In addition, I'd really love it if I could click on the list value and then be taken to the passage list once the highlight is defined.

Is this possible?

Linden

Posts 28007
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 4:38 AM

There is no Passage List type in "Value type" to do what you want. The available "List" type is a simple list of possible values e.g. white; blue; red. When you apply this tag/highlight you can choose a value from "white", "blue" or "red".

Dave
===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 4:41 AM

Thanks Dave....I thought so as I couldn't find an option, but wanted to ask before I concluded it wasn't possible.

Linden

Posts 36344
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 11:29 AM

You can enter a URL for a Passage List just as you can enter any text. My case links to an interactive media but the principle is the same.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 12:53 PM

MJ. Smith:

You can enter a URL for a Passage List just as you can enter any text. My case links to an interactive media but the principle is the same.

This sound very close to what I want to accomplish.

What value type are you using and can you click on the link and jump directory to the resource in question?

Linden

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 6:59 PM

MJ,

I tried what you recommended.  I ended up with a "logosref:" text in the field but no hyperlink.  Even if I open the annotation, its text that isn't easily selected or clicked.  Any way around this?

Linden

Posts 36344
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 2 2015 10:31 PM

Ah yes, I forgot I was testing for Eli ... and a few things need fixed. Sad

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 4:48 AM

MJ. Smith:

Ah yes, I forgot I was testing for Eli ... and a few things need fixed. Sad

Do I need to file a bug report on this or vote for something on uservoice to enable live hyperlink in user highlights or is this already planned to be addressed in a future release?

Linden

Posts 182
Linden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2015 12:35 PM

Hi MJ,

Just a reminder about my previous question.  Is a fix forthcoming for the inability to have live links in labels or do I need to add a request for this in uservoice?

Thanks.

Linden

Posts 36344
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 8 2015 4:58 PM

I know it is in the to-do card file. I don't know anything about its priority.

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS