CP books "under contract" since Feb 2014

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 24
Jason Harris | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 3 2015 6:48 AM

I have six different community pricing orders "under contract" from 2014, the oldest dating back to February 2014.

There are another six orders from this year that are not fulfilled. Additionally, there are some books (the Wycliffe and Tyndale Bibles at least) that come with my package that are still not produced. Is there some sort of reasonable timeline we can expect for these community pricing orders?

Posts 19308
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 6:51 AM

It varies. I've had pre-pubs "under contract" for six years. But some come through in under six months.

If they come with a package, I'd assume Faithlife aims for a much shorter timeline, but unforeseen circumstances can cause delays.

Posts 29797
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 6:53 AM

Jason Harris:
Is there some sort of reasonable timeline we can expect for these community pricing orders?

Sorry, no. Remember: CP resources are essentially being sold "at cost" by FL... They have no strong incentive to hurry up on them, whereas newly published commentaries and other resources bring a profit to the company. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 24
Jason Harris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 7:06 AM

"At cost" is one way to look at it. An alternative view—and I think a more realistic one from a business perspective—is that we are "under contract" to finance the production of their product. A product which they end up owning and selling for profit. This arrangement suggests a degree of commitment to do what we "contracted" to pay them to do. Within some sort of reasonable time frame.

The books I bought with my Silver package are another story altogether... Hmm

Posts 24
Jason Harris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 7:41 AM

StephenMcC:
Are you sure Tyndale and Wycliffe have not already been downloaded (as I have their Bibles)? For example, Charles Hodge is still "Under Development" but for those who order the Reformed Package, he has already been made available.

I stand corrected on this point. I couldn't find them on the website store, but I have found them in my library now! Now if I can just get Moffatt's Commentary, etc. from CP, I'll be a happy camper. =)

Posts 472
Stephen McCracken | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 7:52 AM

Jason,

I'm glad you found them, even though my post had an error message and disappeared. I meant to correct my post that the Tyndale Bible was a PB available for you to build.

Posts 33437
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 11:59 AM

Jason Harris:

I have six different community pricing orders "under contract" from 2014, the oldest dating back to February 2014.

There are another six orders from this year that are not fulfilled. Additionally, there are some books (the Wycliffe and Tyndale Bibles at least) that come with my package that are still not produced. Is there some sort of reasonable timeline we can expect for these community pricing orders?

Where are you finding the date they moved to "under contract status"? I believe what show is the date one bid on the item ... which can be years before it succeeded in moving to "under contract" status.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 19308
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 3:03 PM

Jason Harris:
I stand corrected on this point. I couldn't find them on the website store, but I have found them in my library now!

Often when books are part of a package, they don't have their own page on the store because they are not purchasable as standalone resources. Faithlife has started to give some such books a page of their own (just for the fuller description, but still not purchasable from that page), but I don't think they've necessarily done it with all of them yet.

Posts 24
Jason Harris | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 3 2015 10:04 PM

On the order page it gives the date the community pricing closed and it moved to pre-pub status.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS