Logos 4 under VMFusion

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 28 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 34
Mark Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 6:14 PM

Phil,

Just a thought, have you tried uninstalling Logos 4 in XP and then re-installing now that you have expanded the drive? 

Posts 15805
Forum MVP
Keep Smiling 4 Jesus :) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 7:18 PM

Adventurous approach: enable PC Beta logging:

http://community.logos.com/forums/p/7118/57345.aspx#57345

* In "My Documents" new folder "Logos Log FIles" - needs Logos4.NLog.config and Logos4Indexer.NLog.config files (downloadable file near top of forum post)

* Edit Registry (carefully): HKCU\Software\Logos4\Logging => add "Enabled" DWORD with value of 1 (or download and run EnableLogging.js near bottom of forum post)

* Launch Logos4, then look at "My Documents\Logos Log Files\Logos4.log" - may have relevant crash information.  Also checking Event Viewer logs may help.

By the way, looks like some PC Beta log files are in: %TEMP%\Logos Log Files - noticed OutOfDiskSpace property with value of 0.

Mundane alternative => uninstall Logos 4 Beta in Windows XP virtual machine, delete all Logos 4 folders, shutdown Windows, copy or backup vm file(s), then startup Windows XP vm and install Logos 4 PC Beta 7.  If PC Beta 7 still problematic, could try installing Logos 4.0-a SR-3 in vm copy.

Note: personally run one Windows XP vm at a time with others suspended.

Have Fun :)

Posts 328
Thinking | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 2:59 AM

I had already tried that idea.

Posts 328
Thinking | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 3:00 AM

I did uninstall Logos 4, but not Logos 3.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 2 2010 4:05 AM

Phil Mills:

Not necessary.

Phil, I am not convinced the problem is with your VM any more, but with the L4 install and as such, we need the help of either some of the MVPs (come on guys/gals, earn that exorbitant compensation you get from Logos), or better yet logos tech support.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:17 AM

So, Logos Technical Support/MVPs Any ideas?

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 5:04 AM

Phil Mills:

• Are you up-to-date with XP? Service pack 3 is required for Logos.
  • Delete the Logos 4 folder (under AppData)
  • Try the install again, any error messages?

If you can't get it to install, start another thread and treat it like a regular PC install in the way you title the thread. I suspect that most of the PC people like me have been ignoring this thread as one for the Mac people. Hopefully we can get you up and running.

Posts 10890
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 5:20 AM

Kevin Becker:
If you can't get it to install, start another thread and treat it like a regular PC install in the way you title the thread. I suspect that most of the PC people like me have been ignoring this thread as one for the Mac people. Hopefully we can get you up and running.

Phil

Kevin has given you some good advice. I would add one thing. Post this new thread in the Logos 4 forum, not Logos 4 for Mac.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 4:48 PM

Jack Caviness:
I would add one thing. Post this new thread in the Logos 4 forum, not Logos 4 for Mac.

The poor guy posted it here at my recommendation because we thought it was the Fusion still acting up. Sad

Page 2 of 2 (29 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS