Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 23 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 111
Keith Gant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 5:52 AM

Kevin Byford (Faithlife):

This is already supported on iOS mobile devices.  If you are saying it doesn't work for you please post detailed instructions for reproducing the issue.

Yes, I just tried it and it works great with Logos under iOS 8. So glad to find this out, I was not aware that this capability was available in iOS.

Posts 111
Keith Gant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 15 2015 5:55 AM

Scott (Sanjay) Hayes:

Kevin,

The built-in read aloud feature on Apple iOS only reads the text that's already "on the screen" so you can hear it if you are blind or see poorly.  I'm suggesting an automated feature that would keep reading the book "whether the text is on the screen yet or not".  I've tried the Apple iOS feature, and it doesn't work for hands free driving.  I would still have to touch the iPhone in order to advance the text.  I want the app to just keep reading the book on and on until I manually stop it.

Scott

Scott, with Logos under iOS 8 it does do the automatic page turning that you were asking for, not just the text on the initial screen. 

Posts 42
Scott Sanjay Hayes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, May 5 2016 12:16 PM

I have since upgraded to a new iPhone with iOS 9, and I am able to have the phone read Logos text to me by doing a 2-fingered vertical swipe from the top-down.  Love it!  My commute time is now my Logos book-listening time.  Thanks to everyone who replied previously.

Posts 4
Patrick J. Melancon | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Apr 29 2017 7:21 PM

Scott,  Can you please explain how you were able to get Logos to do the continuous read-aloud on you IPhone?  I have a visual impairment issue and would love to activate this for most of the "reading" I need to do in Logos, especially on my IPhone (where the print is still hard for me to read with the fonts enlarged).  Thanks.

Page 2 of 2 (24 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS