Laptop scrolling?

Page 1 of 1 (19 items)
This post has 18 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Jan 30 2010 5:54 PM

I am using my old laptop with vista 64 bit this evening and I noticed that the scrolling on the side of the mouse pad still isn't working in Logos 4.  Wondering if this is happening for anyone else still or if they are planning fixing it soon. 

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 6:22 PM

yup, here too.  but i haven't kept current with the discussion.  Win 7

I like Apples.  Especially Honeycrisp.

Posts 264
Michael G. Halpern | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 6:44 PM

Problematic for me too...hit and miss...but mostly miss!

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 6:51 PM

you know, sometimes I think the laptop is faked out for asplit second--I see the scroll button move, but then it remembers it can't after a fraction of a millimeter . . . and stops.

Posts 569
J. Morris | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jan 30 2010 7:16 PM

-hit and miss for me also... 

Posts 502
Randall Hartman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 5:11 PM

Ditto.  It's what annoys me most about L4.  And, BTW, I love L4!

Posts 71
Paul Buckhiester | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 5:24 PM

I have a hard time understanding how the scrolling problem could have anything to do with L4. Mine works fine. You may want to see if there is a better driver for your touchpad. Mine is an ALPS on my Dell Latitude D820 and i found a driver for it at HP!

Posts 24
David Lemmons | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 7:16 PM

The scroll is not working on my laptop in L4, but I was pleased to find out that my Presenter Remote for PPT presentations does work fine in L4.  It is a $50 Targus from OfficeMax.  Makes it very easy to scroll through the Daily Bible Reading.

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 7:23 PM

JohnGraves:

I am using my old laptop with vista 64 bit this evening and I noticed that the scrolling on the side of the mouse pad still isn't working in Logos 4.  Wondering if this is happening for anyone else still or if they are planning fixing it soon. 

I would try to update the drivers for your touchpad... that could be the problem. There was also word a while back that there was an issue in the WPF that was preventing some touchpads from scrolling properly. A fix from MS is expected later this year. So, it should work.... later Tongue Tied.

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 4:44 AM

Kevin Becker:

JohnGraves:

I would try to update the drivers for your touchpad... that could be the problem. There was also word a while back that there was an issue in the WPF that was preventing some touchpads from scrolling properly. A fix from MS is expected later this year. So, it should work.... later Tongue Tied.

Yeah I read that on here.  I was just wondering if that fix had come out.  I usually don't use my windows laptop anyway, just curious.  The scrolling works great with my mac in fusion so no worries.  Thanks for the info.

Posts 323
Doug | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 8:49 AM

I know this has been covered here before but just in case some of you are new and haven't read it, my scrolling issues stopped when I clicked the "Run as Administrator" tick box on the Compatibility tab of the properties menu that available by right-clicking your L4 icon.  I'm not sure what happened inside my computer but whatever it was, it made L4 run a lot better on it.  Give it a try and see if that works for you.

Posts 302
John Graves | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2010 11:20 AM

Doug:

I know this has been covered here before but just in case some of you are new and haven't read it, my scrolling issues stopped when I clicked the "Run as Administrator" tick box on the Compatibility tab of the properties menu that available by right-clicking your L4 icon.  I'm not sure what happened inside my computer but whatever it was, it made L4 run a lot better on it.  Give it a try and see if that works for you.

I tried this and it worked for me as well.

Posts 3736
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2010 11:27 AM

JohnGraves:

I tried this and it worked for me as well.

I tried it, too, but it'd only work if I turned UAC back on... to me that was an unacceptable instrusion. But someone else may feel differently, so if you're having trouble duplicating the improvement perhaps that's the reason.

Blessings!

Grace & Peace,
Bill

MSI GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
iPhone 12 Pro Max 512Gb
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Posts 4
Earl Plotner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Apr 27 2010 8:15 PM

Strangely it works for me also.  Still seems like something that needs fixed though.

Posts 323
Doug | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Apr 28 2010 3:16 PM

I'm sure it is and it probably is a WPF issue that will be addressed by Microsoft later this year.  Oddly, when I built my desktop, I didn't have a problem at all.  Other were reporting that their mouse wheels wouldn't scroll the same way the touchpad scroller wouldn't scroll.  I built a new i7 system back in January and haven't experienced the first problem with it. 

Posts 8042
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 9:44 AM

My laptop mouse pad does the same thing, so I purchase a $5 bucks logitec mouse and it works so much better that way.  Hopefully the mouse will work better as updates come along.

Posts 3915
Forum MVP
Friedrich | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 3:55 PM

While "running as administrator" does zippo for my scrolling (using the touchpad), I noticed that when I pull down the "Display" menu of a resource (with Notes, etc listed), I CAN use my touchpad scroller.  Hmmmm.

Posts 29
Steve M. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 29 2010 4:31 PM

I recently got a new (pc) laptop and was trying to optimize the scrolling.  I wanted two-finger scrolling (ala macbook) and I found a little app that enables two-finger scrolling (and a few other things) for synaptics touchpads (which most pc laptops are).  I noticed that two-finger scrolling this way works well in L4 whereas the built-in right-edge scrolling for the regular synaptics driver doesn't really work in L4.  You may want to try it out and see if it works for you:

http://code.google.com/p/two-finger-scroll/downloads/list

Posts 19216
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 22 2010 7:08 PM

Here is some good news for all you laptop users with the Synaptics touchpad problem: http://community.logos.com/forums/p/16042/141059.aspx#141059

Page 1 of 1 (19 items) | RSS