Logos to e-reader

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
This post has 5 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 6
Larry D Tyler | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 31 2010 6:18 AM

I would like to see the opportunity to check books out of my Logos library so I can read them on my e-reader.  I like many others use my Logos software loaded on my computer for reference but there are obviously tons of books I would like to read.  Having an arrangement that allows me to checkout the books from my library would then give me the added benefit of being able to read the books at my pleasure and in a format that is more conducive to that activity. I read a lot about the iPhone app and I have downloaded that but like so many others, it is a handy tool but hardly justifies as a reader.

God bless,

Don

Posts 10826
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 7:53 AM

LarryDTyler:

I would like to see the opportunity to check books out of my Logos library so I can read them on my e-reader.  I like many others use my Logos software loaded on my computer for reference but there are obviously tons of books I would like to read.  Having an arrangement that allows me to checkout the books from my library would then give me the added benefit of being able to read the books at my pleasure and in a format that is more conducive to that activity. I read a lot about the iPhone app and I have downloaded that but like so many others, it is a handy tool but hardly justifies as a reader.

The iPhone app will work on the iPad when it is released. Perhaps that is what you are seeking.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 7:56 AM

Jack Caviness:
The iPhone app will work on the iPad when it is released. Perhaps that is what you are seeking.

Jack, you have to keep up. Bob has promised a whole new iPad app by the time the iPad is released. 

Posts 6
Larry D Tyler | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 8:55 AM

I would like to check out the book from my library so I don't have to have internet access to read it.  I can read the book on my e-reader anywhere.  The key to me is being able to check out the book and have it electronically stored on my e-reader.

Posts 2
Manuel Josh Vieira | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 9:17 AM

Not to mention price difference between iPad and an eReader.  I'm considering buying an iPad just to use Logos (other features of iPad don't really appeal to me), but it's difficult to justify.  I'm also really hoping for a solution for some type of eReader.

Posts 3810
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jun 1 2010 10:01 AM

Another workaround will occur when printing is implemented.  You will be able to print portions of a book (a chapter?) to a PDF file or mobi file.  This will allow most e-readers to read the text, and the limits prevent unintentional copyright violations.  Of course, you could build entire books, but that could lead to prosecution for copyright infringement.

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Page 1 of 1 (6 items) | RSS