Installed Ultimate Archaeology series, can't see resourses

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 67
Michael Thebert | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 31 2010 10:19 AM

I ordered and installed the Ultimate Archaeology series.  I installed each CD and copied each CD contents using Library Location Manager to Logos 3. 

Not able to see any content on Logos 3.  Started Logos 4 and it did a large indexing, a couple hours.  I assumed it saw the new content and indexed it in.  Not able to see any content on Logos 4 either.

The content includes some new books and dozens of magazines about Bible archaeology.

Any ideas how to see content?

Is there a way I can tell Logos 4 where to look on the computer for content so it can put it in?

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 10:43 AM

How did you install the CDs?
Did you run the setup.exe file on each one that launches the Libronix updater?
Or did you just copy the resources using Location Manager?
After you run the setup.exe files on each CD, Logos 3 will ask you for the serial numbers that are on the CD covers. 

After you've successfully installed, registered, and synchronized your licenses on L3, L4 should download the resources the next time you restart it.

Posts 9517
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 12:04 PM

Michael Thebert:
installed the Ultimate Archaeology series.

Did you activate it by supplying the serial number? If not you won't see it. Try shutting and re-starting Logos 3 if you didn't activate it. Should bring up the activation screen.

You'll need to activate it in 3.0, sync licenses, open 4.0 and give it some time to figure out what you are missing and download it or copy it from your 3.0 installation.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 67
Michael Thebert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 12:26 PM

I made an error with the initial install.  The main disc had a seiral on top and I used that.  The other 5 CDs had the serials inside and I didn't see them initially.  It has an option to indicate if you have more CDs in this collection and I thought it meant theother ones that came with the set. 

I was able to re-install just 2 of the CDs and it asked for the serial when I went into the Account Manager after install.  The other ones didn't let me do that.

Is there a way to delete the ones I already installed so Logos 3 recognizes them as new?  The content does show up in the resourses but does not let me give the serial there.

Posts 9517
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 12:48 PM

Michael Thebert:
I was able to re-install just 2 of the CDs

If each CD has a serial number and you tried loading each one separately and got no request for the serial number then something isn't functioning correctly. You have to install each CD separately (if Logos 3 is open at some point it will tell you Logos 3 has to close), when it is done, reopen Logos 3 and activate that CD, close Logos 3 and repeat. If you did this and can't get the final discs to activate you may have to call Logos on Monday and ask their help in activating the remaining discs.

Michael Thebert:
Is there a way to delete the ones I already installed so Logos 3 recognizes them as new?

We can't go in and mess with your license file. I don't think just deleting the resources from those discs from your resources folder will cause Logos 3 to run the reinstall function. The call to Logos would be the only way I'd know to resolve this.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 1:13 PM

Michael Thebert:

I made an error with the initial install.  The main disc had a seiral on top and I used that.  The other 5 CDs had the serials inside and I didn't see them initially.  It has an option to indicate if you have more CDs in this collection and I thought it meant theother ones that came with the set. 

I was able to re-install just 2 of the CDs and it asked for the serial when I went into the Account Manager after install.  The other ones didn't let me do that.

Is there a way to delete the ones I already installed so Logos 3 recognizes them as new?  The content does show up in the resourses but does not let me give the serial there.

Have you tried running the setup.exe files on the CDs you are giving you trouble?

I installed this set last week and had to run setup on each disc individually for it to ask for my serial numbers.

Posts 67
Michael Thebert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 2:03 PM

The first time I did it incorrectly.  Then I put in each one and cancelled the startup screen because I used the Location Manager to copy the discs to the hard drive.  Posted here and got pointed in the right direction.

With two of them I put them in the next time and they brought up the startup screen and did the update and the serial was asked for and it worked.

With the others it just started the Logos 3 and didn't ask for the update and wouldn't take the serial.

I have Logos 3 only on the desktop though as I had Logos 3 before upgrading to Logos 4.  Maybe if I put Logos 3 on the laptop and installed from there?  Anyone have a link to Logos 3 install to do that?

Thanks for all the help.

Posts 9517
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 2:13 PM

Michael Thebert:
Anyone have a link to Logos 3 install to do that?

Here you are. http://www.logos.com/support/downloads/ldls

You might try loading a disc that hasn't worked, closing Logos 3 if it opens, navigate to the CD drive and run the setup program on that CD to see if that makes a difference.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 709
Russ Quinn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 2:29 PM

Mark A. Smith:

Michael Thebert:
Anyone have a link to Logos 3 install to do that?

Here you are. http://www.logos.com/support/downloads/ldls

You might try loading a disc that hasn't worked, closing Logos 3 if it opens, navigate to the CD drive and run the setup program on that CD to see if that makes a difference.

I think Mark's suggestion is probably the solution.

Posts 67
Michael Thebert | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 2:57 PM

Success!

First of all if you follow the directions things should install fine.  I didn't do that and had problems with installing because the CD wouldn't go into auto udate on its own to trigger the Account Manager to let me put in the serial.  I know people search these forums as they should so want to explain.

Solution was to open the CD in windows and there is a folder called Setup. Open the Setup folder and run the file called Autoupdate.  This causes the CD to run like it should, the update screen comes on and on next open of Logos 3 serial is asked for. Put in serial and it is done.  Worked 3 times straight and now I'm all installed and registered!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS