Printed NLT vs. Logos digital NLT?

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 62
Jason Ledbetter | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jan 31 2010 8:09 PM

Folk,

In my printed version of NLT, there is a significant quantity of notes available underneath the bible text. Does the digital copy of NLT have this information available? The same question applies to most of the other bibles, but I primarily use the NLT in my day to day reading.

If this doesn't currently exist in the digital copy, is there some method to request it in future revisions?

Thanks,

-jbl

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 8:16 PM

If you're refering to the NLT Study Bible notes, they're available here: http://www.logos.com/products/details/4465

Study Bible notes are separate resources from the Bible Texts, and they act as commentaries do.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 62
Jason Ledbetter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 8:25 PM

Ah ha! Thank you!!!

Is there any way to tell if that is compatible with Logos4? The screenshots are all from L3.

-jbl

Posts 9552
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 9:26 PM

jbl:
Is there any way to tell if that is compatible with Logos4?

It is. Basically all resources that work in 3.0 work in 4.0. The exceptions are the reverse interlinears which have been rebuilt and function differently.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 62
Jason Ledbetter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jan 31 2010 10:09 PM

Ah, after a little more digging it seems what I am really looking for is the "Life Application Study" notes for NLT. It doesn't look like those are in Logos yet.

I don't see them in prepub either. Bummer.

-jbl

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 6:19 AM

jbl:

Ah, after a little more digging it seems what I am really looking for is the "Life Application Study" notes for NLT. It doesn't look like those are in Logos yet.

I don't see them in prepub either. Bummer.

-jbl

The Life Application Study Bible is published by Zondervan who just recently signed up to release books in Logos format.  Perhaps in the future it may be available. But it would be Zondervan (and not Logos) who would make that decision.

Wiki Links: Enabling Logging / Detailed Search Help - MacBook Pro (2014), ThinkPad E570

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 7:58 AM

Todd Phillips:
The Life Application Study Bible is published by Zondervan who just recently signed up to release books in Logos format.  Perhaps in the future it may be available. But it would be Zondervan (and not Logos) who would make that decision.

Actually Tyndale House Publishers is the copyright owner of the Life Application Study Bible, and if I'm not mistaken there is currently an exclusive contract with another electronic Bible publisher for this resource.

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 5637
Todd Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 8:09 AM

Paul Golder:

Todd Phillips:

Actually Tyndale House Publishers is the copyright owner of the Life Application Study Bible, and if I'm not mistaken there is currently an exclusive contract with another electronic Bible publisher for this resource.

Ah sorry, you're right....my reading comprehension took a nosedive a few minutes ago when I looked it up.  Tongue Tied

Posts 274
Mike W | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 10:19 AM

jbl:

Ah ha! Thank you!!!

Is there any way to tell if that is compatible with Logos4? The screenshots are all from L3.

-jbl

I currently have this and is works fine in L4 (I bought it from an online retailer and had to install it first in L3 but it downloaded fine in L4 after syncing licenses).  Like all the study bibles the notes are a separate resource that loads in a separate pane.  It can be linked to any translation.

Posts 1674
Paul Golder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:11 AM

MikeWaterhouse:
I currently have this and is works fine in L4 (I bought it from an online retailer and had to install it first in L3 but it downloaded fine in L4 after syncing licenses).  Like all the study bibles the notes are a separate resource that loads in a separate pane.  It can be linked to any translation.

Hi Mike,

I believe you may be talking about the NLT Study Bible Libronix Software, which is a different resource from the Life Application Study Bible. Smile

"As any translator will attest, a literal translation is no translation at all."

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 11:17 AM

Is the Life Application Study Bible different than the Life Application commentary?

http://www.logos.com/products/details/1689

Posts 98
April Pyle | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 12:23 PM

What you are looking for is listed in my library as the New Living Translation Study Bible.  It is the study notes that goes with the printed Bible. I have a separate disk that is the NLT Study Bible  Libronix Bible Study Software. I'm pretty sure that I got it when I purchased the NLT Study Bible from Tyndale right after it came out.

April

Posts 1669
SteveF | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 12:35 PM

Ronald S Keyston Jr:
Is the Life Application Study Bible different than the Life Application commentary?

"Different" but yet "related.'

The commentary has "full" articles per verse as most other commentaries would.

the BIble has smaller "snippets" of information for some verses which (might) come from the commentary.

I have both, and they are very helpful  (but as has been noted) -  I have to run them in differing companies' software.

And yes, the NLT Study Bible is yet another differing product (and also very good IMHO).

Regards, SteveF

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS