Re: notes appearing in all Bibles

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 33
Alan Olender | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 1 2010 9:15 AM

Morris Proctor's Logos 4 Training manual states (pg 129) that when a note is added to a verse or word or phrase, a "note indicator" is placed in your Bible..  "This indicator will appear in ALL (bold in the manual) of your versified books next to that verse."

This is exactly what I am seeking.  However, it does not happen consistently.  I have added notes while viewing both ESV and NASB95.  Some notes appear in both Bible and some only in one or the other.

Am I missing something?  I can find no properties or preferences that allow me to specify which Bibles the notes will appear in.  At this point I have no actual control over which notes appear in which Bibles.

Does anyone know how to make the notes do what the training manual says they should do?  I'm assuming all my Bibles are "versified" books.

Thanks

Posts 5337
Kevin Becker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 9:27 AM

Make certain this is selected first

Posts 8660
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 9:33 AM

AlanLOlender:
Some notes appear in both Bible and some only in one or the other.
It sounds like sometimes you are adding a note to a REFERENCE, in which case it will appear everywhere, and other times perhaps adding it only to the SELECTION, which is book specific.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 229
Jeremy White | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 9:52 AM

Wasn't / isn't there a funny bug that means if you make a selection of text - even if you then select reference it still just puts the note in as a selection?

Scripture set to music for worship and aid memorization. https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC-DojPa0TlpCGhtUJq1e3Pw

Posts 97
Andreas Holmberg | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 1 2010 11:13 AM

Indeed I think the bug is still there. At least that's the case for me. If I select a word (or a phrase or a number of verses) and select "Reference" before adding a note the note will still only be added in that one Bible and not to all other Bibles.

The only way to add a note to all Bibles is not to select any text before right-clicking and adding a note.

Pastor in Stockholm, Church of Sweden

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS