Tyndale commentaries not activated

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 176
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 3 2010 10:26 AM

Hi

I bought the Tyndale Commentary set on Jan 20 and just got the CD today. But there is no activation code supplied with the CD. It is not activated in Logos 4 (I've done the Update Now and downloaded other updates, but none of the commentaries appear in my library). In Logos 3, I tried the Ctrl + Left Click in the Account Management, but the books still appear as Locked after license synchronization.

So I think maybe someone at Logos forgot to activate this set for my account?

Jim

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 10:54 AM

Jim,

I've confirmed your order and activated the product in your account. Restart Logos 4 so it will recognize the new license and download the resources.

Melissa

Posts 176
Jim Snowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 11:21 AM

Thanks Melissa! All is now activated and available in my Logos 4 and Logos 3.

Jim

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 2:18 PM

Melissa, could you kindly activate my Tyndale commentaries too?  Mine also came without a serial number, I installed it in L3 and whenever I open it it keeps asking me for the serial number (though I seem to be able to use the resources).  Thanks a lot in advance!

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 2:26 PM

Amy Leung:

Melissa, could you kindly activate my Tyndale commentaries too?  Mine also came without a serial number, I installed it in L3 and whenever I open it it keeps asking me for the serial number (though I seem to be able to use the resources).  Thanks a lot in advance!

Hi Amy,

It's been activated. You can clear the SN prompt in L3 by holding the Ctrl key down as you left click on the words Serial Number and clicking on the small Delete button.

Melissa

Posts 405
Amy Leung | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 3 2010 2:40 PM

Thanks Melissa, all seems fine now!  I didn't do anything, and L3 isn't asking me for the SN anymore.  Smile

Posts 41
Nelson Yuen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 9:36 AM

Hi Melissa,

I have purchased Tyndale Commentaries (49 vol) too, can you help activate it for me? So I can download it instead of waiting a CD-ROM. BTW, If I am using L4 and I can download, do I still need the CD-ROM?

Thanks,
Nelson

Posts 4077
Melissa Snyder | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 30 2010 2:46 PM

Nelson:

Hi Melissa,

I have purchased Tyndale Commentaries (49 vol) too, can you help activate it for me? So I can download it instead of waiting a CD-ROM. BTW, If I am using L4 and I can download, do I still need the CD-ROM?

Thanks,
Nelson

Nelson,

Since this was a CD-ROM only product, and no download option was available, you will need to wait for it to arrive, insert the disc, and enter the accompanying serial number in Logos 4 when prompted. 

Posts 2
S J Fourie | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 9:14 AM

Hi Melissa

I have the same problem. Could you please activate my Tyndale Commentaries for L4 as well.

Thanks

Samuel

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 5 2010 10:05 AM

S J Fourie:

Hi Melissa

I have the same problem. Could you please activate my Tyndale Commentaries for L4 as well.

Thanks

Samuel

Samuel,

Since you purchased the CD, you will need to wait for that to arrive. If you have already received that disc, then the disc should contain a Serial Number on it and that is the number that you will need to use to activate the software. Our Serial Numbers are specific to each disc, so you will need to enter that Serial Number yourself when the software is requesting you to do so. Once the Serial Number has been entered and activated successfully, then you should be able to access your resources from the Tyndale Commentaries.

Deborah Mickens
Logos Bible Software, Marketing
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 2
S J Fourie | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 11:53 AM

Hi Deborah

I received the CD and the serial number but Logos 4 does not recognize it. If I run the install.exe on the CD, it tries to install Libronix 3, which I would prefer not to do.

How do I get Logos 4 to recognize and install the resources on the CD?

Regards

Samuel

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Oct 8 2010 12:10 PM

S J Fourie:

Hi Deborah

I received the CD and the serial number but Logos 4 does not recognize it. If I run the install.exe on the CD, it tries to install Libronix 3, which I would prefer not to do.

How do I get Logos 4 to recognize and install the resources on the CD?

Regards

Samuel

Samuel,

The reason the disc is trying to install Libronix is because the disc is a Libronix/Logos 3 product. In order for Logos 4 to recognize the resources, there are 2 things that can be done. First, go through the steps to install Libronix, activate the software in Libronix and when that is complete, Logos 4 will recognize there are new resources you own and in turn start to download them. When that is complete, you can then uninstall Libronix. The second thing you can do is email me a copy of the Serial Number to my email address listed at the bottom of this post and I can activate the software for you which will cause Logos 4 to download the resources as well.

Thank you,

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Posts 26
Frances Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Oct 9 2010 9:01 PM

Hi Deborah

I received  a CD of the Collegeville Catholic Reference Library version 3 full edition. I haven't been able to open the resources. If I send you an email with the Serial Number would you be able to help me with this.

Regards

Frances

Posts 182
Deborah Mickens | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 11 2010 3:52 PM

Frances Johnson:

Hi Deborah

I received  a CD of the Collegeville Catholic Reference Library version 3 full edition. I haven't been able to open the resources. If I send you an email with the Serial Number would you be able to help me with this.

Regards

Frances

Frances,

The best thing to do would be to contact our Customer Support team as they will be able to assist you with getting the software activated on your computer and can troubleshoot as well since it sounds like there might be a larger issue as to why you are not able to access your resources. Customer Support can be reached by email at customersupport@logos.com.

Thank you,

Deborah Mickens
dmickens@logos.com

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS