Latest release of El Capitan is crashing 6.4 Update 3 and 6.5 Beta 1

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 45 Replies | 7 Followers

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2015 6:32 AM

Bob Deacon:
One final question regarding this issue, will the fix come from Apple or Logos?

We don't know. The change in OS X could be a new, permanent change which will require a fix by Logos, or it could be a "bug" in OS X requiring a fix on their part. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 8012
LogosEmployee

An updated version of Logos will include a fix for this crash on El Capitan.

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2015 8:46 AM

Thanks Bradley. Smile

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 504
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 16 2015 9:01 AM

Thanks Bradley

Bob Deacon

Dell Inspiron, Windows 10 Latest Update

Surface Pro 6

MacBook Air (2017) Catalina

Ipad Air 2 (ios 8.2.1)

Motorola G6 Play (android 8.3.1)

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 18 2015 2:50 PM

Thanks Bradley

Posts 205
Jeffrey S. Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 1:11 AM

I believe the issue is the new security frameworks implemented in El Capitan that prevent installation into and moves all application files out of the system locations outside of those locations. The way that L6 installs and stores data will have to change to be in compliance with the new protocols. The protocols are IMO are really good for end users so far as the OS experience goes, but I would just imagine that it will require quite a few changes for application developers. I am sure that the Faithlife app devs are up to the task. I am looking forward to what I believe will be a more stable experience for Mac users. Yes, I am cheering ahead of time and I am praying for the devs as they step up to this learning curve related to the security frameworks. Pretty sure that means cool mobile Apple device stuff is coming... I am hopeful.

Posts 262
LogosEmployee
Steve Workman | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 2:01 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

An updated version of Logos will include a fix for this crash on El Capitan.

This should be fixed in 6.5 Beta 3. 

Posts 205
Jeffrey S. Robison | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 2:19 PM

Steve Workman:
This should be fixed in 6.5 Beta 3. 

Anyone verify this yet?

Posts 491
Mr. Simple | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 2:24 PM

It would be great if we could actually specify in OS X where the index and databases get stored within the installation dialog.

Posts 620
Jonathan | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 2:35 PM

Jeffrey S. Robison:

Steve Workman:
This should be fixed in 6.5 Beta 3. 

Anyone verify this yet?

Yes, it is working.

Syntax Searching Group | Michigan Logos Users | L5 FAQ | OSX 10.10 | 2.4 GHz i5 | 8 GB Ram

Posts 9
Jeremy Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 2:50 PM

Where do we get this update?

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 2:52 PM

Jeremy Scott:
Where do we get this update?

See this thread: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/113235.aspx 

EDIT: I assume you are new to Logos beta testing. Make sure to change your download channel back to stable after the release goes live... else you will end up downloading the next round of betas. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9
Jeremy Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 2:56 PM

Thanks for the quick response. I think I have been following the wrong thread! I have not been using Logos Beta, but I did download El Capitan beta and it crashed my normal Logos 6. Just waiting for some updates from either Apple or Logos to get me back up and running.

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 3:21 PM

Jeremy Scott:
Just waiting for some updates from either Apple or Logos to get me back up and running.

Beta testing should not be performed on "production" machines... In other words, if you NEED the application for work, don't beta test on your only/primary machine. 

In this case, however, I would say "go for it." Your other option is to wait for this release on stable... which may be several weeks away yet. As I said above, make sure to change back to stable once this beta round goes live on stable.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 9
Jeremy Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 4:36 PM

Thank you for the advice..I appreciate it. 

Posts 87
Rino M. Dattilo | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 5:25 PM

It is working for me too! Thank you!!

Posts 9
Jeremy Scott | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 7:08 PM

I am back up and running...thanks for the help!

Posts 27681
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 20 2015 7:09 PM

Glad to hear it. Yes

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Page 2 of 3 (46 items) < Previous 1 2 3 Next > | RSS