Missing popup expansion

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 116
Matt | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Feb 6 2010 8:59 PM

Hello,

What's the best way to make Logos aware of a missing popup expansion?  I thought maybe 'typo', but it's not really a typo in my opinion.  What I'm speaking of is in the Introductory essay within the BDAG:

a t.t. of the Cynic-Stoic teaching concerning virtue (q.v. 2)

Both 't.t.' and 'q.v' do not expand out what they stand for as do most things in Logos 4.  I know what 'q.v.' is, but 't.t.' I'd never seen before.

In the master list of abbreviations within BDAG, I found this:

t.t. = terminus technicus (termini technici), technical term(s)

I've found there's quite a few abbreviations in the Introductory essay that don't expand out when hovered on.  So, where is the best place to report this type of problem?

Thanks,

Matt

q.v. = quod vide (which see, see that which has just been mentioned)

Specs:

• Windows 7 x64
  • Quad Xeon 2.83 GHz x2
  • 16GB RAM
  • Nvidia 285 GTX 1GB VRAM
  • Logos 4.1 Platinum, SR-3, indexed
    Posts 27974
    Forum MVP
    Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 6 2010 10:19 PM

This is the right place and I'm sure that people with BDAG can provide some guidance.

Dave
    ===

Windows 11 & Android 8

Posts 19689
    Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 12:37 AM

BDAG seems to be very incomplete in inclusion of popups for abbreviations. In one place I find "s. prec. entry" where hovering over prec. brings up a popup that says "prec. = preceding" but there is no hyperlink for "s." -- these abbreviations are either both so obvious that they don't need popup notes, or they both should have them. Doing one but not the other seems inconsistent. If you look at it this way, BDAG is filled with abbrevations that are missing hyperlinks.

Generally, a missing hyperlink is considered to be a typo (in other words it's a problem in the resource text or tagging) and thus should be reported using the "Report a typo" command. However with something this large-scale, you'd go crazy trying to report them all. Better just to say here (or in the Suggestions forum) that there is a general problem with BDAG missing a lot of hyperlinks for abbreviations and hope they do a complete pass through that resource sometime adding more hyperlinks.

Hopefully some Logos employee will see this and weigh in and record it in their internal bug database or to-do list.

Posts 116
    Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 8:23 AM

Rosie Perera:
    you'd go crazy trying to report them all. Better just to say here (or in the Suggestions forum) that there is a general problem with BDAG missing a lot of hyperlinks for abbreviations and hope they do a complete pass through that resource sometime adding more hyperlinks

Agreed on the crazy part!  So is it safe to assume that what we've just done is sufficient 'notice' to Logos, or should I create a new post with a title such as

Incomplete Resource:  BDAG missing many abbreviation popups

Thanks,

Matt

Specs:

• Windows 7 x64
  • Quad Xeon 2.83 GHz x2
  • 16GB RAM
    Posts 19689
    Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 7 2010 1:07 PM

Matt:

Agreed on the crazy part!  So is it safe to assume that what we've just done is sufficient 'notice' to Logos, or should I create a new post with a title such as

Incomplete Resource:  BDAG missing many abbreviation popups

Follow this thread for a while (you can find it again by clicking on "Your Discussions" from the forum home page, or click "Email me when someone replies" at the top of this thread) and if no Logos employee (the ones with a blue Logos icon under their picture) ever responds to it, it probably went unnoticed and you should post a new thread in the Suggestions forum. Or email logos4feedback@logos.com.

Posts 9552
    Forum MVP
    Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 7:08 PM

Matt,

Try reporting this as a typo since you've had no response. (My guess its that it's probably too minor an issue compared to what Logos is dealing with right now to get an email response.)

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 116
    Matt | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 22 2010 5:10 PM

Mark A. Smith:
    Try reporting this as a typo since you've had no response.

Thanks Mark, I'll do that as well.

Matt

Specs:

• Windows 7 x64
  • Quad Xeon 2.83 GHz x2
  • 16GB RAM
    Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS