BUG? - Visual Filter Does Not Turn Off Appropriately (Mac)

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Jul 9 2015 12:37 PM

I have a visual filter set up on my Mac using SR-3 6.4.0.0065...shown in the following screen shot.

However, as the next screen shot shows, Visual Filters is not selected, but the visual filter I created is still being applied in the resource. It is my understanding that no Visual Filter should show in the resource if the primary Visual Filter box is not selected.

Posts 29221
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 4:33 PM

Are you sure it isn't a rogue note file? I don't mess with the kinds of visual filters you are using. Does it look right to you?

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 5:58 PM

It does look right on my end. Based on my understanding it just shouldn't be showing because the master Visual Filter box isn't checked. If by rogue you mean there is no way to turn it off, it isn't rogue. In order to keep it from showing I have to now select the master Visual Filter box again and then I can unselect the filter I created and then unselect the master Visual Filter box again. Simply unselecting the master Visual Filter box isn't doing the job.

Posts 29221
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 9 2015 8:14 PM

Sorry, what I was trying to ask: Are you sure you are seeing the visual filter and NOT a note file (with highlights in it)?

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2015 5:00 AM

It only shows up under Visual Filters and not under Notes. I am assuming if it was a note file with highlights in it it would show up under Notes and not under Visual Filters?

Posts 29221
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 10 2015 5:16 AM

tjebme:

It only shows up under Visual Filters and not under Notes. I am assuming if it was a note file with highlights in it it would show up under Notes and not under Visual Filters?

yes. Do you have highlight notes? if that isn't the issue, perhaps turn ON the master switch and turn OFF the individual VF. That isn't how it is supposed to work, but just trouble shooting 

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2015 4:10 AM

I do have highlight notes and they show up under Notes. Toggling the Visual Filter on/off doesn't cut it in this instance. Have to toggle the Visual Filter on and then unselect this specific visual filter to get it to not show up in the resource.

Posts 29221
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2015 7:05 PM

tjebme:
Have to toggle the Visual Filter on and then unselect this specific visual filter to get it to not show up in the resource.

So my suggestion worked? Is it repeatable? If so, I would say that is a bug. Tongue Tied

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2015 7:09 PM

You are correct. Thx!

Posts 29221
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Jul 11 2015 7:13 PM

I will notify FL of this thread. Yes

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 12 2015 3:33 AM

Thank you

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2015 1:05 PM

This is now working appropriately for me.

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS