A13 - Search Time inaccurate & Home Screen text cutoff

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 26
Daniel B. | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Feb 8 2010 1:01 PM

Preface - I'm liking the progress on Logos for Mac! Excellent stuff!  Big Smile

2 Quick issues I've noticed:

1. Bible search time is way off.

The image displayed below shows a search time of 0.54 seconds. The actual search time was > 10 seconds. On a side note, how long should this take? I'm running a 2.26 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook Pro with 4 GB of RAM.... Do the searches get faster over time?

2. The text on the Home Page is cut off on the right side.

This happens if the screen is not large enough to accomodate the text. However, on screen 2 of 2 for the homepage, there was enough room on the screen, so the text was not cut off.

I like the new signing-in splash screen.

I appreciate how the items under the Guides and Tools were tidied up a bit by giving them the proper indentation. Well done!

"A God without wrath brought men without sin into a kingdom without judgment through the ministrations of a Christ without a cross" Helmut Richard Niebuhr: The Kingdom of God in America (speaking facetiously)

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 1:06 PM

Daniel Brinton:
2. The text on the Home Page is cut off on the right side.
This is a known issue in the release notes.  If you read these first it will save you time reporting known bugs.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 2793
J.R. Miller | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 1:11 PM

Daniel Brinton:
The image displayed below shows a search time of 0.54 seconds. The actual search time was > 10 seconds.
The search time should be accurate, but what you may be noticing is a lag time between the search and the time it takes to propagate the screen.

The developers would know for certain, but most optimization will not take place until the Beta phase and I would assume this would be part of that future optimization.

My Books in Logos & FREE Training

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

Daniel Brinton:
The image displayed below shows a search time of 0.54 seconds. The actual search time was > 10 seconds.

The time is correctly reporting how long it took to calculate the results by examining the index. The time delta between that calculation and your seeing the results is the time it takes to actually display those results on screen.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 1:17 PM

Is the timing how long it takes to answer the query but not the time to display? Kind of like when you have the answer on the tip of your tongue?  For what it's worth, I am running a 2.4 Ghz Intel Core 2 Duo MacBook with 2GB RAM. I did a search for "pride" it said .83 seconds and started displaying in about one second.

The screen cut off thing on the hope page is happening for me as well. I have my resolution set at 1280 x 800 and Logos is in maximized view. I have the fonts set to default.

Maybe I missed this somewhere, but I am having problems creating Link Sets. Is it me? I thought I set them on my PC but they are not syncing with the Mac and the PC seems to forget what I have asked of it as well. Please point me in the right direction...

all about Christ,
David Buckham

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 1:18 PM

Wow as I was typing two responses. Logos you rock! Keep the Mac progress coming.

all about Christ,
David 

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 26
Daniel B. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 1:23 PM

I did read the known issues. Geeked The closest known issue (the one to which you might be referring) is:

Having your default text size set above 100% will have undesirable results in some panels (Information, Reading Plan Tool)

My default text size is set to the smallest possible.

Also, I'm on a MBP - so the max resolution is 1280x800, whereas on an iMac or Cinema Display it is much higher. That can be contributing to the problem, as you are likely on an iMac. Nonetheless, it is still an issue... 

"A God without wrath brought men without sin into a kingdom without judgment through the ministrations of a Christ without a cross" Helmut Richard Niebuhr: The Kingdom of God in America (speaking facetiously)

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

Daniel Brinton:

I did read the known issues. Geeked The closest known issue (the one to which you might be referring) is:

Having your default text size set above 100% will have undesirable results in some panels (Information, Reading Plan Tool)

It's under the Home Page heading: "Known issue with text display being clipped on the bottom and right side of the Home Page".

My default text size is set to the smallest possible.

Also, I'm on a MBP - so the max resolution is 1280x800, whereas on an iMac or Cinema Display it is much higher. That can be contributing to the problem, as you are likely on an iMac. Nonetheless, it is still an issue... 

What you're showing there is, I believe, the per-panel scaling, which would probably only affect the size of that particular panel. The default Text size to which I refer in the release notes can currently only be set via the command bar.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 26
Daniel B. | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 8 2010 1:36 PM

Okay, that makes sense.

I noticed the search times displayed are similar for any word. However, the more instances of the word in Scripture the longer the results take to display.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS