Bible Outline Browser and the OT

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
This post has 2 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3771
Francis | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Jul 24 2015 10:08 AM

I was watching the presentation about the Bible Outline Browser and went to Logos 6 to toy with it a bit. I ran it on John 1 and it was good (just like in the video). But then I ran it on Psalm 18 and got this:

There are only 4 resources showing (I have over 5,000 including many commentaries). When I go to read mode, the "outlines" they give me are like this:

These, of course, are not outlines of Psalm 18. So I decided to check in Genesis. Here for good measure, I used Genesis 1-3 and found that the best commentaries are not coming up. 

WBC, Continental, Tyndale, JPS are no shows. I guess I expected more from the video since it features NIVAC, BECNT and NAC (for Romans). 

Am I to understand that this is a work in progress and that the OT may be (as usual) lagging behind the NT?

Posts 53
LogosEmployee
Michael Meiser (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2015 2:34 PM

Francis:
I was watching the presentation about the Bible Outline Browser

Did you watch the video found on this page? https://www.logos.com/product/45684/bible-outline-browser

Francis:
Am I to understand that this is a work in progress and that the OT may be (as usual) lagging behind the NT?

The Bible Outline Browser is working from the same data as the Outlines section in the Passage Guide. 

This is data that is manually tagged by the Faithlife team. It is a work in progress for both the NT and the OT. I am not an official source on this, but I believe the goal is to tag first the commentaries that are found in all base packages, then start tagging other best selling sets. 

Hope this helps.

Free Logos Tutorials on YouTube: Digital Bible Study Made Easy

Posts 36375
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 24 2015 3:33 PM

Whereas I would like to see the most detailed outlines given priority rather than seeing the same very high level outline over and over from different resources.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Page 1 of 1 (3 items) | RSS