Windows 10

Page 1 of 5 (99 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 98 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 99
Paul | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Jul 26 2015 1:24 PM

Hello

I don't know if this has been brought up yet, so I will ask...Is LOGOS 6 Win 10 ready? 

Thank You

Paul

Paul

Posts 885
Brother Mark | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 1:27 PM

All indications from the Win10 open evaluation is that Logos works very well on it.

"I read dead people..."

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 2:18 PM

Paul:
I don't know if this has been brought up yet, so I will ask...Is LOGOS 6 Win 10 ready? 

It was discussed most recently here: https://community.logos.com/forums/t/113086.aspx 

Logos has been working on pre-release versions Windows 10. If the final release doesn't introduce new complications (something that has happened in the past), then it will work on that version too.

I'll be upgrading to Win10 as soon as it's released, but not without a smidgen or two of anxiety.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 3:44 PM

Rich DeRuiter:
I'll be upgrading to Win10 as soon as it's released, but not without a smidgen or two of anxiety.

I have been running 10 on all my machines for over 2 months now. MSFT is not adding any more machines to the preview family. The rumor mill says that the build we have now is the RTM.  (10240)  I just don't see them making any 11th hour changes that would cause major failures. Try to relax. I predict you will truly enjoy the new OS.

Posts 2824
Michael Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 6:58 PM

What I want to know is how Windows 10 will impact Logos 6 on my Surface Pro 3.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 7:13 PM

I find 10 an improvement on both of my touch screen machines. I suspect you will have a similar experience. If anything, Logos runs more smoothly on 10.

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 7:45 PM

Paul C:
I find 10 an improvement on both of my touch screen machines. I suspect you will have a similar experience. If anything, Logos runs more smoothly on 10.

If this is my experience, will be dancing a jig. Party!!!

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 9:34 PM

Lynden Williams:
If this is my experience, will be dancing a jig. Party!!!

Stick out tongue

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Jul 26 2015 11:56 PM

Since the very beginning of Public Preview version of Windows 10 I run it on my 2 notebooks and use Logos especially on my main notebook without any problems. I like Windows 10 much better then W 8.1. 

P.S. I use Windows 10 also on my phone - but... no Logos there, as for now. 

Bohuslav

Posts 5564
Forum MVP
Rich DeRuiter | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2015 8:11 AM

Paul C:
I have been running 10 on all my machines for over 2 months now. MSFT is not adding any more machines to the preview family. The rumor mill says that the build we have now is the RTM.  (10240)  I just don't see them making any 11th hour changes that would cause major failures. Try to relax. I predict you will truly enjoy the new OS.

This echoes what I've been reading and the sentiments of those who've been using Win10, and this makes me quite confident about getting Win10 on the first day (I've not been testing it in beta).

However, if the initial release of Win10 goes off without a blowing up something significant somewhere, it will be a first for Microsoft. And this gives me a smidgen or two of anxiety.

Help links: WIKI;  Logos 6 FAQ. (Phil. 2:14, NIV)

Posts 27
Mark Groen | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Jul 27 2015 10:41 AM

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Which phone?  Is it buggy?

I tried the TP when it was first released and I rolled back because it was crashing my phone constantly.

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2015 7:04 AM

Sneaky and clever. Microsoft has downloaded the files in a hidden folder on the c$windows~BT. For Win 7 Pro, the files is 5.6 but the Windows 7 home file is 145 MB. Does not seem to have completed downloading as yet. 

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6481
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2015 7:06 AM

Might be the reason why my connection seemed sluggish lately. The Pro machine was the first one to register.

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2015 7:49 PM

Just completed the upgrade. Logos runs great on it, though the indexing notification in the new Notification Centre might get annoying soon.

Posts 99
Paul | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Jul 28 2015 8:16 PM

How did the upgrade go?  

Paul

Posts 91
Ruben Sandoval | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 3:40 AM

Thanks for all the input, fam!!

2 quick questions:

1) Will the update to W10 mean we have to install/reinstall all programs (like Logos)

2) Is the tiles screen completely gone? I know it was a little strange getting used to it, but I've grown to like the setup (quick access points to programs, etc.).

Thanks!

rs

Posts 254
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 3:47 AM

1) No the upgrade will preserve files and programs. There may be some utilities that are incompatible that may have need to be updated, but this will not affect applications such as Office or Logos.

2) The start screen has been combined into the new start menu that is a bit of a mix between Windows 7 and 10. Personally, I find it a big improvement over both 7 & 8, but this is an area that is very subjective so your mileage may vary.The best way to understand the changes is through pictures. The following article has pictures of the new features as well as answers a lot of questions:

http://www.zdnet.com/article/windows-10-youve-got-questions-ive-got-answers/

Posts 27557
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 4:15 AM

You must add a space after a hyperlink to make it active 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 4:16 AM

From the Windows Blog:

"Thank you to our Windows Insiders for helping us build Windows 10. If you’re a Windows Insider and running build 10240 – you already have the Windows 10 we are making available today."

So as I speculated above, The build the insiders have been using for  2 weeks is the "final build"....RTM. It is rock solid, and what they dreamed fantasized Vista/7/8 would be.

Posts 2736
Bohuslav Wojnar | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 4:16 AM

Mark Groen:

Bohuslav Wojnar:

Which phone?  Is it buggy?

I tried the TP when it was first released and I rolled back because it was crashing my phone constantly.

I Use Nokia Lumia 830. Yes, you are right. First Preview builds had been very unstable. The current one looks quite well and I have very few crushes. I use it as my main phone. 

Bohuslav

Page 1 of 5 (99 items) 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS