Windows 10

Page 3 of 5 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 98 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 7982
LogosEmployee
Bradley Grainger (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 12:35 PM

Geo Philips:

Just completed the upgrade. Logos runs great on it, though the indexing notification in the new Notification Centre might get annoying soon.

Can you be more specific about why it might get annoying? What don't you like about it?

Posts 103
Roger G Black | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 12:49 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Geo Philips:

Just completed the upgrade. Logos runs great on it, though the indexing notification in the new Notification Centre might get annoying soon.

Can you be more specific about why it might get annoying? What don't you like about it?

So far I have upgraded my desktop and Surface Pro 2 without any problems.  I made sure all updates with Microsoft and drivers were done on all machines.  Then the upgrade to 10, and already had a few updates for 10, I assume to address problems others sent in so far.  I looked at my notifications tab and I have had no notices for Logos 6 indexing whatsoever.  Five (5) more machines to go....

Rog {BlueBird} Cool

Posts 1966
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 3:39 PM

Bradley Grainger (Faithlife):

Geo Philips:

I assumed that he just meant the size of the notification:

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 10
Brian Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 7:39 PM

Logos works fine for me in Windows 10 when outside tablet mode. But when in tablet mode, the toolbars do not appear. I see the bottom part of the program where the Scripture/book text is. But all of the tabs and tool bars are gone. I see the desktop image where I should see the tabs and toolbars.

I'm running Logos 6 on a Surface Pro 2.

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 7:54 PM

up and running with 10. outside of needing to re-install logos (like how its downloading resources while i am using it by the way) its been smooth. fwiw its my fault i had to re-install logos.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 161
Michael | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Jul 29 2015 8:43 PM

Brian Collins:

Logos works fine for me in Windows 10 when outside tablet mode. But when in tablet mode, the toolbars do not appear. I see the bottom part of the program where the Scripture/book text is. But all of the tabs and tool bars are gone. I see the desktop image where I should see the tabs and toolbars.

I'm running Logos 6 on a Surface Pro 2.

Did you open Logos 6 while in tablet mode?  Mine does that if I open it in tablet mode.  But if I open Logos 6 in desktop mode then switch to tablet mode, I have no issues with  this bug.

Edit:  I'm on a Surface Pro 3

Posts 249
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 1:49 AM

Geo Philips:

If it does, you can right click on notifications in the action center and turn them off on a per app basis.

Posts 10
Brian Collins | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 11:27 AM

Thanks for the tip. I just tried what you suggested, and it works for me as well as long as I keep Logos 6 full screen when I switch back to tablet mode. If I snap another app alongside Logos, it as if Logos doesn't know how to resize properly in tablet mode.

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Jul 30 2015 3:52 PM

Donnie Hale:

Mark Barnes:
To be fair I was having Windows Update problems in Windows 8

I've had ***a lot*** of Windows Update and BITS problems, and other problems for services that run in the same process. This is in Windows 8.1 on multiple machines. One of the problems in trying to get these things working again is that a normal shutdown / restart is a "hybrid" one, which means it basically saves the state of things and comes back up to that point (at the level of Windows). Thus, even process IDs will be the same.

Two things have generally worked for me:

1) Use the command line shutdown: shutdown /r /f /t 0
The /r is the main option, as it bypasses the hybrid restart.

Maybe this will help someone,

Donnie

Thanks Donnie, that helped me! I thought I was seeing things this afternoon, when I know I shut the laptop down last night, but the light was on. I could not get it up and running, except to hold the button down for about 10 seconds until it shut off. After that initial instance of it going into hybrid state, it now completely shuts downs, not sure why though.

Logos works very nicely, and faster than 8.1, restarts and start up take about 15 seconds..

Ralph

Posts 91
Ruben Sandoval | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 12:14 AM

Hey Roger,

Good to hear, as I have a Surface 2 pro, too.

How do you like it? What does the Windows button on the bottom of the screen do w/W10? Would you recommend it?

Also, when you open a "Windows store app" or the calculator, can you dock it and have the desktop be side by side like we are in W8? Or do all "apps" that we use to be able to that w/only open as "a program" in the taskbar?

Oh...and does anyone know if Logos will continue to work on/develop a Windows based app? I seem to remember seeing and committing to a "pre-pub" for it way back when and am curious if it's still on.

I think I got use to the start/tiles start screen (esp. w/all the shortcuts) and am dragging my feet to take the plunge.

Thankful for this community!!

rs

EDIT/UPDATE: After looking at community pricing bids

For all us Windows users --- let&#39;s let Logos know we want the app done, huh?!?

https://www.logos.com/product/50060/windows-universal-bible-app 

Posts 754
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 2:25 AM

We have two machines on Windows 8.  The ONLY thing I like better about 8 is the much improved text to speech.  If that is still good in 10, then I would upgrade.  

Posts 1
Victor Girotto | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Jul 31 2015 7:43 AM

Logos on W10's tablet mode is not really working well for me on my SP3. Simply changing the layout messes up the window completely (it shows only a small rectangular area of the logos window on top of my background image). It's possible to recover from it by snapping the window to one side, and then making it full screen again. This does not happen on desktop mode, although it does stop at a weird position for a couple of seconds before changing the layout--it is not a smooth transition. In fact, although Logos is usable, it seems a little rough on the edges (a few visual bugs here and there, usually solvable by playing around with the window). 

Is anyone else experiencing the same?

Posts 15
Rick Martinez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:37 AM

After updating Windows 10, I can´t get Logos to open. Whenever I try to open it, the Logos Bible Software logo appears in the middle of the screen for a few seconds before disappearing as though nothing had happened. Even more strange is that my Logos folder and files have disappeared from the program files.  

I´m not a techie so I have no clue how to correct this situation.  

I can also say that it now takes twice as long for my computer to boot now that I have downloaded Windows 10.

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:42 AM

ricardomartinez:
After updating Windows 10, I can´t get Logos to open. Whenever I try to open it, the Logos Bible Software logo appears in the middle of the screen for a few seconds before disappearing as though nothing had happened.

Please create a new thread, enable and post logs. Instructions can be found in my signature line. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 15
Rick Martinez | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:46 AM

How do I see your signature line?

Posts 21847
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 9:46 AM

Welcome to the forums - sorry you are having problems.

ricardomartinez:
I´m not a techie so I have no clue how to correct this situation.

Please start a new thread in the Logos 6 forum (https://community.logos.com/forums/124.aspx) and explain what is happening 

ricardomartinez:
Whenever I try to open it, the Logos Bible Software logo appears in the middle of the screen for a few seconds before disappearing as though nothing had happened

Please also enable diagnostic logging and post log files to the new thread - instructions are at https://www.logos.com/support/logos6/windows/report-problem 

ricardomartinez:
Even more strange is that my Logos folder and files have disappeared from the program files.  

Logos does not install in the Program Files area - but in a folder tree under your User files - so that isn't probably an issue

Posts 2392
David Ames | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 1:04 PM

ricardomartinez:

How do I see your signature line?

Under his last text line are some items:  

OSX & iOS | Mac Logs | PC Logs | Install

Try clicking on them - DO NOT TRY THE COPIES IN THIS POST - 

Posts 27545
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 1 2015 1:47 PM

David Ames:
Try clicking on them - DO NOT TRY THE COPIES IN THIS POST -