Windows 10

Page 4 of 5 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 98 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 1392
James Taylor | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2015 12:05 PM

I keep getting blue screen of death with the error "system thread exception not handled" within 1 minute of start up. Dell says this...

Kind of hard to work on a machine that gives you 1 minute per boot

Logos 8  | Dell Inspiron 7373 | Windows 10 Pro 64, i7, 16GB, SSD | iPhone X | iMac 27" i7, 16GB, SSD | OS 10.13

Posts 232
Philip Larson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2015 1:12 PM

I'm running Logos 6 (stable) on Windows 10 Pro now, and it works perfectly on a Lenovo Yoga 2 Pro, sorta-kinda like a Surface 3. I wish Logos were more touch-friendly, however.

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2015 3:11 PM

Ok, day 3 on Windows 10, and when my computer goes to sleep, sometimes it won't wakeup... not a show stopper, but if I have Logos 6 open while it went into this mode, anything I changed (like opened books) is gone, and it brings me to the place I was at the last time I started the computer. Very irritating! Does anyone else have this problem, I've updated the graphic driver and several other things, but for some reason, sometimes it won't wake up from sleep mode (need to hold the button down to turn the laptop off). On other occasions, it goes into sleep mode and wakes up when I touch the mouse or keyboard, I have yet to find an answer on-line, or from HP... wonder if the pro version is better?

Posts 1
Robert Buchanan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2015 3:20 PM

I have had similar issues.  Windows 10 install.  Logos 6 gets to pint of playing its opening jingle and then quits.  No particular error message except Microsoft will contact me.  Downloaded the install program for FL and it did same thing.  Ran and uninstall, a new install and got same thing.

Thinking I want to completely delete and start over.  Delete from the hidden appdata/logos folder and everything else I can find that has logos on it.

What do you guys think?

Thanks

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2015 5:07 PM

I think you're better off uploading your log files ;) it may well be just a single DB that needs rebuilt rather than the lengthy re-download, re-install, and reindex process.

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 27447
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2015 6:25 PM

abondservant:
I think you're better off uploading your log files ;)

Yes, but in a new thread, clearly explaining your issue. Instructions on logging can be found in the links in my signature line.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 242
danwdoo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 2 2015 11:27 PM

James Taylor:

I keep getting blue screen of death with the error "system thread exception not handled" within 1 minute of start up. Dell says this..

Kind of hard to work on a machine that gives you 1 minute per boot

I'm assuming everything works okay in Safe Mode? It's likely a bad driver that just needs to be updated/removed.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 3 2015 9:27 AM

Ralph Mauch:

Ok, day 3 on Windows 10, and when my computer goes to sleep, sometimes it won't wakeup... not a show stopper, but if I have Logos 6 open while it went into this mode, anything I changed (like opened books) is gone, and it brings me to the place I was at the last time I started the computer. Very irritating! Does anyone else have this problem, I've updated the graphic driver and several other things, but for some reason, sometimes it won't wake up from sleep mode (need to hold the button down to turn the laptop off). On other occasions, it goes into sleep mode and wakes up when I touch the mouse or keyboard, I have yet to find an answer on-line, or from HP... wonder if the pro version is better?

Yes, I'm having this same problem as well. Very annoying. So far no other problems, just not waking up without me holding down the power button.

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 963
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 6:53 AM

Before updating my main machines I decided to try my 6 year old netbook running Win 7 (upgraded from XP) and booked Win10 a week ago. Yesterday it downloaded and installed perfectly, with no problems caused by its non-ideal resolution (1024 x 2600), Processor Atom N270 1600 MHz, 2Gig Ram and 120Gb SSD. It only ran Logos, Malwarebytes, Skype, Word & Excel .

Cons? None. OK Logos crawls a bit but then it always did.

Pros? Wifi had previously had to be kicked into action by disabling and enabling the netword device which did not always work. Now it works perfectly & I will take it with me on holiday for use with Skype on WiFi. Thank you MS.

My other PCs? I will wait a few weeks before upgrading.

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 7:25 AM

On a lark, I did the same. I had put the netbook out to pasture. It had been upgraded from xp to 7 ... then to 8.  But it would not upgrade to 8.1 because of the low resolution. The upgrade to 10 was painless, and it performs much more smoothly than either 7 or 8. 10 makes the early Atom processor much more tolerable/usable.

Posts 541
Brent Hoefling | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 7:44 AM

win10 testimony time? okay.

4 of 5 stars: works great, no surprises.

ASUS T300L Tablet PC (not tablet device). the upgrade was pretty seamless and took all of about 45 minutes.  the first thing I did was turn off the ability to be a "server" for windows updates.  sometimes I run this on cellular wifi data and do not want to be charged for others getting their updates from me. :)

Points of note in general (not directly about L6/Win10): make sure you read the initial log about incompatibilities or other notes.  I downloaded ahead of time and was prepared to install newer drivers for my USB to VGA adaptor.

and as noted by at least one other person: I really wish that Faithlife/Logos would get it right when it comes to touch interface options (nothing has changed with Win10 and L6 in that area.  Somehow, I thought that there was supposed to be some better touch interface as part of win10 that L6 was taking advantage of.  oh well, still waiting.  at least I can swipe up and down on an open resource to scroll (unlike the home page).

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 8:21 AM

I had an issue with hamachi on one of my two machines. Haven't figured it out yet!

L2 lvl4, L3 Scholars, L4 Scholars, L5 Platinum,  L6 Collectors. L7 Baptist Portfolio. L8 Baptist Platinum.

Posts 775
JRS | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 9:14 AM

If you are having troubles with the Windows program, you might try this:

1) Next time you are in Windows type "cmd" [no quotes] in a Windows search box.  The results should return a link to a Command Prompt.

2) Right click on the link and select "Run As Administrator".

3) A DOS box will open with a blinking cursor.  Type in "sfc /scannow" [no quotes] and hit return. 

This will run the System File Checker which is a built in Windows self diagnostic and repair utility which will find/replace missing or corrupted system files.  Be patient - it can take a little while to complete depending on your hardware.  A fuller explanation from Microsoft can be found here.

How blessed is the one whom Thou dost choose, and bring near to Thee(Psa 65:4a)

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 10:19 AM

Yeah unfortunately the problem is more complex than that. 

When end I upgraded hamachi was already installed. After upgrading the network device had been removed and no amount of uninstalling and reinstalling as an administrator helped to fix it. It's not terribly important... Just annoying. Apparently pretty much every vpan software breaks or is broken in the upgrade process. 

Posts 3937
abondservant | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 10:20 AM

system file checker has already been tried as well with no luck. 

Posts 963
JohnB | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 2:56 PM

A quote from the latest Windows Secrets newsletter, you appear not to be the only one with virtual system problems:-

"I've not been so lucky on my virtual PC installations. On VirtualBox, the Windows 10 Technical Preview editions ran fine. Not so the official Win10 release; there might be a problem with video drivers. I assume a VirtualBox update is coming soon."

Posts 9050
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 3:58 PM

Ralph Mauch:
when my computer goes to sleep, sometimes it won't wakeup

I have noticed the same behavior on Windows 10 Home edition. It has happened twice to me after closing the lid on my laptop. Mine is a Dell laptop.

I am assuming this will eventually be addressed since we can't be the only two people with the issue.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2221
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 4:13 PM

I had two machines update from 8.1 with no hassle. From Win 7, it failed epically twice. The third time by reset worked although I had some issues getting Logos up, it's installing ok now. 

Windows 10 is still rough around the edges, but it is good for laptop users. 

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 24727
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 7:26 AM

mab:

Extremely good for my 5 year old laptop as no device drivers were broken and i got an updated driver for the AMD graphics card.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 3655
BillS | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 9:26 AM

mab:

Except for my IE favorites, migration was the most flawless I've ever had. Even my printer drivers made it for the 1st time.

As far as liking it now that I'm there, I'd give it an "OK"... so many things are now more optimized for the "touch" (tablet, touchscreen) user than the mouse user. Menus now take WAY too much screen real estate to accommodate fingers. Same with all the items on Edge's Favorites Bar (& W8.1's prior control has been surrendered, as there's no apparent way to change the Favorite Bar name of those items--no right click to properties, since fingers don't have a right click).

It's ok, & maybe it'll improve with their rapid update philosophy, but I'm not yet a real fan.

Grace & Peace,
Bill

Asus GF63 8RD, I-7 8850H, 32GB RAM, 1TB SSD, 2TB HDD, NVIDIA GTX 1050Max
Samsung S9+, 64GB
Fire 10HD 64GB 7th Gen

Page 4 of 5 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS