Windows 10

Page 5 of 5 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5
This post has 98 Replies | 8 Followers

Posts 2221
mab | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 2:56 PM

One of the things that made my transition favorable on two of my machines was the use of Stardock Windowblinds and Start 8. When I opened the both of them for the first time, everything was in place and I could just go to work as if nothing had changed. All I did was update Start 8 to Start 10 and I was done.

The mind of man is the mill of God, not to grind chaff, but wheat. Thomas Manton | Study hard, for the well is deep, and our brains are shallow. Richard Baxter

Posts 24730
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 11:23 PM

mab:
All I did was update Start 8 to Start 10 and I was done.

I'm considering that, having used Start8 on my desktop

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 5:18 AM

Mark Smith:

Ralph Mauch:
when my computer goes to sleep, sometimes it won't wakeup

I have noticed the same behavior on Windows 10 Home edition. It has happened twice to me after closing the lid on my laptop. Mine is a Dell laptop.

I am assuming this will eventually be addressed since we can't be the only two people with the issue.

Had this problem with Windows 7. So far have not seen it with 10.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 6479
Forum MVP
Lynden Williams | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 5:20 AM

Dave Hooton:

mab:
Windows 10 is still rough around the edges, but it is good for laptop users. 

Extremely good for my 5 year old laptop as no device drivers were broken and i got an updated driver for the AMD graphics card.

Logos videos now work on my laptop.

Everything ever written in Religion and Theology formatted for Logos Bible Software.Logos Youtube Channel

Posts 180
Paul C | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 6:10 AM

Dave Hooton:

mab:

Having used 10  for a while now, I actually like the included start menu better than start8/10. I found that if you eliminate all the metro tiles, you can then collapse the start screen to make a very attractive and useful start menu. One major improvement I really like is the ability to scroll through all apps alphabetically.

Posts 2061
Forum MVP
Randy W. Sims | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 12 2015 8:15 AM

Paul C:

Dave Hooton:

mab:

Having used 10  for a while now, I actually like the included start menu better than start8/10. I found that if you eliminate all the metro tiles, you can then collapse the start screen to make a very attractive and useful start menu. One major improvement I really like is the ability to scroll through all apps alphabetically.

I don't really have any problem with W8 or W10's Start; On a desktop, I tend to use both the same way I'd use a terminal in Linux/X-to quickly launch apps with the keyboard. I hit the Window key, type the name of the app, applet, or document I want to open it. I rarely browse through it at all. I did use a Start replacement on W8 desktop but I almost never did anything different than launch apps from keyboard. On my tablet, I use the W8 style full screen start screen.

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 23 2015 6:17 PM

Well I don't have an issue anymore, can't tell which update did the trick, it certainly wasn't a fix from the company that I bought the laptop from (HP). I can again shut the lid of the laptop, come back and Logos is open to where I last left it... life is good againBig Smile

Posts 24730
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 2:30 AM

Ralph Mauch:
life is good again

Good to hear

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 124
Randy Murphy | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 5:33 AM

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f94nv/updated_to_windows_10_now_my_laptops_screen/ 

This is a Windows 10 bug. I hope microsoft gets this fixed soon. 

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 24 2015 12:22 PM

Randy Murphy:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/3f94nv/updated_to_windows_10_now_my_laptops_screen/ 

I'm having this problem too. Mega-annoying!

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 8:00 AM

Randy Murphy:

I can't be sure, but I think all the issues are with drivers and older devices that do not communicate with Windows 10. While I think the last update helped fix my main  issue (sleep issues), I did update all the drivers from the various manufacturers also. Yesterday I noticed another problem, this time with the docking station (Targus), the USB ports were not working, so I called support and installed new software from DisplayLink. This also helped my display with extending to another monitor... I have a 3 year old HP Pavilion 17" laptop.

Had to smile after all the various problems with Win 10, they are better then other problems, such as with health issues... recovering from a blood clot in my lung a month ago. That's fixed alsoBig Smile

Posts 588
Steve Maling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 4:26 PM

May God be thanked for your recovery!

Posts 27447
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 5:04 PM

Steve Maling:

May God be thanked for your recovery!

Yes! 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 322
Ralph Mauch | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 30 2015 8:38 PM

Amen, God is good... thank you both.

Posts 2
rahenede | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2016 10:52 AM

I keep getting blue screen of death with the error "system thread exception not handled" within 1 minute of start up.

same problem what i'm having'

Posts 924
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2016 11:57 AM

rahenede:

I keep getting blue screen of death with the error "system thread exception not handled" within 1 minute of start up.

same problem what i'm having'

Welcome to the forums, rahenede.  Sorry you are having troubles.  It's not clear what issue(s) you may be having from your brief descritption.  So that the forum experts can help:

1.  Start a new thread in this forum and,

2.  Follow the instructions here and try to post some logs.

We will be looking for additional detail from you in the new thread so we can try and diagnose the issue(s).

Posts 24730
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Apr 14 2016 5:21 PM

rahenede:

Do start a new thread in the Logos 6 forum if it occurs again but also show details from the Windows Event viewer.

Dave
===

Windows & Android

Posts 752
David A Egolf | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 4:44 PM

Mark Smith:

Ralph Mauch:
when my computer goes to sleep, sometimes it won't wakeup

I have noticed the same behavior on Windows 10 Home edition. It has happened twice to me after closing the lid on my laptop. Mine is a Dell laptop.

I am assuming this will eventually be addressed since we can't be the only two people with the issue.

My son has a Surface Pro and I have a Surface Book, which I got Christmas.  I have been vexed with the Book not recovering from sleep mode.  I asked my son how his machine behaved.  He said that he gave up and reboots every time he wants to use it.

So I guess they haven't fixed this since August!

Posts 104
Kristin Dantzler | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Apr 15 2016 5:44 PM

I was having the same issue.  I don't know if the update issued this week by Microsoft addressed the problem but my system has been more stable this week.

Page 5 of 5 (99 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 | RSS