Why doesn't Logos cite correctly?

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 308
Dean J | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Aug 5 2015 6:34 PM

This is supposed to be Chicago/Turabian (I tried both):

Lake Kirsopp, “Preface,” in The Ecclesiastical History and 2: English Translation, ed. T. E. Page et al., trans. Kirsopp Lake and J. E. L. Oulton, vol. 1, The Loeb Classical Library (London; New York; Cambridge, MA: William Heinemann; G. P. Putnam’s Sons; Harvard University Press, 1926–1932), 297.

The Ecclesiastical History and 2: English Translation,?????

Posts 5251
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Aug 5 2015 8:25 PM

It is a flaw with numerous volumes that they have misattributed things. There are a few volumes in the Sacra Pagia that have the chief editor listed rather than the actual author.. this happens again and again and all you can do is report it and hope they fix it. Sometimes i seriously wonder how extensively hand tagged Logos works are.

-Dan

Posts 57
James | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 4:07 PM

Dan Francis:
Sometimes i seriously wonder how extensively hand tagged Logos works are.

I think it is quite obvious that hand tagging is not employed as much as Logos claims and it is easy to see in the AYB for instance. I returned my Logos AYB purely for this reason that the tagging in a number of it's volumes just populated the power lookup tool with nonsense and just made it difficult to read through the legitimate footnotes, bible references and citations.

As Dan said, you just need to send off error reports for each distinct error you find and hope that it is fixed in a patch in the future.

Logos 6 Gold, Logos 7 Reformed Diamond 

Alienware R2 17  i7-4720HQ 3.6GHz 16GB RAM 1TB HDD 256GB SSD GTX970 3GB DDR5

Posts 44
Mikael S | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 10:55 PM

Could You hint me as of which OT volumes are especially poorly tagged so that I can avoid purchasing them atm? I have most of Jer, Judges 1-12, Hab and Prv in Verbum; (plus 1-2 Esdras and Is 56-66 as printed matter and the complete NT in Accordance except the new Apocalypse -volume):

James:
I think it is quite obvious that hand tagging is not employed as much as Logos claims and it is easy to see in the AYB for instance. I returned my Logos AYB purely for this reason that the tagging in a number of it's volumes just populated the power lookup tool with nonsense and just made it difficult to read through the legitimate footnotes, bible references and citations.

translatio-princpld...
10 Bibls.. Supporting the cause of the right for data

Posts 57
James | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 11:01 PM

Mikael Strömsudd:
Could You hint me as of which OT volumes are especially poorly tagged so that I can avoid purchasing them atm?

Mikael, if you use the power lookup function then it is best to avoid William Propp's two volumes on Exodus for the meantime as you will almost get a hit in power lookup every time the text mentions the words 'Moses' and 'arm'. I'm still working out which volumes to return so I will send you a message as to which volumes have 'tag spam'.

That being said though, Propp's commentary on Exodus is rich and full of textual and exegetical insights.

Cheers,

Logos 6 Gold, Logos 7 Reformed Diamond 

Alienware R2 17  i7-4720HQ 3.6GHz 16GB RAM 1TB HDD 256GB SSD GTX970 3GB DDR5

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS