Problem with punctuations in Chinese bible in Windows 10

Page 1 of 1 (13 items)
This post has 12 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 34
David Loo | Forum Activity | Posted: Thu, Aug 6 2015 10:34 AM

Hi, I've been using the English version of Logos 6 (that was before the Chinese UI was available), with the Chinese CUV bible "中文圣经和合本-神版(简体)". Everything was running well in both Windows 7 and Windows 8.1. A few days ago, I upgraded to Windows 10, and now the Chinese bible has square boxes where the punctuations should be. This seems to be peculiar to commas, colons, and double-quotes; the period and the "Chinese comma" (、) show up fine. All other Chinese characters also show up fine. I've tried switching from the English to the Chinese UI, then back again to English; no improvement. Switching the font used (via Tools | Program Settings) had no effect.

Posts 306
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 6 2015 10:41 AM

Hi, David,

Thank you for reporting this issue to us.  I will have our developers look into this issue.  I am sorry for the inconvenience this caused you.  I will post any updates or fix as soon as we have the solutions.

Posts 17
aaron chung theng sim | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 4:45 PM

Hi, 

i have the same issue. looking forward to your reply. thanks. 

Aaron

Posts 1
Li Chen | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 8:00 AM

having the same issue here...please look into this! thanks!

Posts 9146
LogosEmployee

We have a case in our bug tracker for this problem; we'll post back here when there is an update.

Posts 17
aaron chung theng sim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 1:05 PM

I just realised that my problem is gone. i am not sure whether logos found a solution to this, or that recently i have installed a chinese language pack for win 10. 

Posts 5
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 1:10 PM

Yes, the Default Resource Font in Logos 6 is not compatible with the new Windows 10.  We are aware of this issue.  To solve the problem, you just need to change the font in the Program Setting from Default to other fonts you like such as MingLiU.  It will solve the problems you all have.  I have tested myself and it works.  

Please feel free to post any questions you might have here.  Thank you. 

Posts 34
David Loo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 2:21 PM

Changing the Resource Font didn't help. I tried several, including Arial Unicode, MingLiu, etc. In all of them, the commas do not appear in the CUV bible (neither in the Notes that were written in Chinese). Logos 6 is the only application I have that exhibits this problem. I have a good mix of Chinese and English applications, all of them work just as they did before my upgrade to Windows 10, only Logos 6 isn't working with Chinese punctuation (period, etc., work, but commas show up as a square box). 

Posts 34
David Loo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 2:55 PM

Can you please share the settings you have in Logos 6, as well as in Windows Settings? I also installed the Chinese Language Pack, but that didn't change anything with Logos. The Chinese Language Pack was one of the first things I installed after upgrading to Windows 10, as I use Chinese quite often. All my Chinese programs work fine, but not Logos 6.

Posts 5
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 3:04 PM

Did you try to set up your system locale to Chinese (Simplified, China) or Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan)?  The characters in the Bible you mentioned shows up fine in my windows 10 computer. I set up my system locale to Chinese (Traditional, Taiwan). Please see attached screen shots.  Please let me know if this will work.  Thanks.

Posts 34
David Loo | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 26 2015 8:04 PM

Thanks. Setting the system locale was one of the first things I tried. I tried it again just now, setting my locale to Chinese (Simplified, PRC); still the same. I changed the default font to various other fonts (MingLiu, etc.) to no avail. I can see that changing the fonts had an effect on the text displayed, but the Chinese is always missing the commas.

Posts 17
aaron chung theng sim | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 27 2015 3:39 AM

David, 

Try change your locale to Chinese (traditional, Taiwan). 

This does the trick for me, although my CUV is in simplified version. 

Posts 306
LogosEmployee
Philip Peng | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 28 2015 9:12 AM

You are welcome, David.  Try to follow Aaron's suggestion to change the system locale to Chinese (traditional, Taiwan) and it should work.  It will not affect or change any of your simplified Chinese software in your computer.  This is the temporary solution.  Our developers will try to solve the default font bugs for windows 10 in the Logos and post the updates here.  Sorry for the inconvenience and thank you for your patience.

Page 1 of 1 (13 items) | RSS