Page 1 of 1 (18 items)
This post has 17 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Feb 9 2010 6:59 AM

I want to learn the method and technique from any one who has studied the whole book of Romans ,(preferred inductive study method) if possible using the Logos software,if not never mind.

From this I want to learn two things:

1. How I can use the Logos software for my studies
  2. How to study it.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 582
Gary O'Neal | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 7:12 AM

Tes

I'm not going to completely answer your question, but maybe I can point you in a direction that will help. Look in your library for the Bible Lessons International series by Bob Utley. He provides a step by step guide for studying through books of the Bible (he has covered most of the Bible--I think there are only some of the OT that hasn't been done).

πάντα εἰς δόξαν θεοῦ ποιεῖτε

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 7:28 AM

Gary O'Neal:
Look in your library for the Bible Lessons International series by Bob Utley.

Thank you Gary, I have it in my note,and some others too.I am interested to learn from godly brothers and sisters of God with whom I can interact through this thread,even I would be very glad to have to be sent by e-mail.my e-mail address is:  gtesfai AT web DOT de

God bless you. 

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 468
Charlene | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 8:51 AM

Tess, i just emailed you about some possible help.

Charlene

Posts 4508
Robert Pavich | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 9:45 AM

Tes,

I know that this may be too simple for you but I'll say it anyway...

The thing that gets overlooked most times and it very important is the context of the document and your familiarity with the document itself.

My advice would be to start here:

Pull out the book of romans and read it (if not the whole thing at once, do it in sections) but read it over and over. (read the background information found at the beginning of the book too) Read it out loud

Highlight key words; conjunctions, active verbs..etc....

Don't get fancy...try and trace the Apostles argument; let him tell you what point he's making, before you get too involved in dissecting it word by word...

That would be the most valuable thing that I could say to do.

Robert Pavich

For help go to the Wiki: http://wiki.logos.com/Table_of_Contents__

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 10:20 AM

Robert Pavich:

Pull out the book of romans and read it (if not the whole thing at once, do it in sections) but read it over and over. (read the background information found at the beginning of the book too) Read it out loud

Highlight key words; conjunctions, active verbs..etc....

Don't get fancy...try and trace the Apostles argument; let him tell you what point he's making, before you get too involved in dissecting it word by word...

That would be the most valuable thing that I could say to do.

Thank you Robert, I have never read loudly, for the first time today I read it a bit louder.I am going to follow your advice.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 10:42 AM

Tes, can I ask a favor? Can you put a little more information in the title of your questions? The one word Help isn't as helpful as a longer title could be.

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 10:48 AM

Terry Poperszky:

Tes, can I ask a favor? Can you put a little more information in the title of your questions? The one word Help isn't as helpful as a longer title could be.

thank you Terry you are absolutly right. I have even one more question,but shoud I start a new title or there is a means which I can continue?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 10:50 AM

Thank you Charlene ,I have responded .

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 10:52 AM

Tes:
I have even one more question,but shoud I start a new title or there is a means which I can continue?

Tes, do what is easiest for you. There is no hard and fast rule, you just catch more fish if you use the right type of bait. Thread headings are a form of bait Wink

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 10:55 AM

OK. Terry.

I will better start a new title right now.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 11:42 AM

Ditto on the reccomendation to look at Bob Ultey's material. I have been teaching and preaching scripture for several years now and he really opened my eyes to some things I had never really considered in my study and preparation. I have attached a link to his website and highly reccomend taking the time over the next several weeks, or however long it takes to watch his video seminar. I think the whole thing is about 15 hours or so, but it is broken up into easy segments. I also recommend downloading and printing the seminar notebook and following along as you watch.

Finally, he mentions a book called "How to read the Bible for all it's worth". Get that book! Logos has it on prepub right now, but I went ahead and bought a hard copy from amazon. I think it is about $10-$12. It is worth it!

www.freebiblecommentary.org/

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 12:25 PM

Fred Chapman:
Get that book! Logos has it on prepub right now, but I went ahead and bought a hard copy from amazon. I think it is about $10-$12. It is worth it!

Thank you Fred ,could you tell me please the name of the book?

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 12:30 PM

Sorry,Fred I was in hurry ,now I have read it.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 4:22 PM

Fred,the book you have recommended me is not available right now,but I have it reserved.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 4:36 PM

Tes:

Fred,the book you have recommended me is not available right now,but I have it reserved.

I ordered the pre-pub from logos as well. I bought the hard copy just because I did not want to wait. It is the kind of book that you will refer back to many times so I did not mind spending money on both.

Posts 1539
Terry Poperszky | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 4:49 PM

Thanks for the recommendation Fred, I just ordered it as well.

Posts 3195
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 9 2010 5:50 PM

Yes ,you are right Fred,I am in Germany the shipping price is very expensive,I choose to wait for the Pre-pub .

Blessings in Christ.

Page 1 of 1 (18 items) | RSS