Jewish Annotated New Testament

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 5
Ronnie Rice | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 10 2015 1:21 PM

I would love to see the Jewish Annotated New Testament notes, cross references, etc. in Logos.  Many Jewish and Christian authors have contributed to this work.  This would be a good resources for a quick reference into the background of the NT.

• Publisher: Oxford University Press
  • Publication Date: October 15, 2011
  • Editors: Amy Jill-Lavine & Marc Z. Brettler
Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 1:51 PM

I own this in accordance it is a very fine product and great companion to the Jewish Study Bible.

-Dan

Posts 5
Ronnie Rice | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 10 2015 2:08 PM

Accordance is programmed by Messianic Jews.  I met some of them at SBL.  Good folk.   Logos has pretty good Jewish resources.  I also wish they would include the Talmud in Hebrew/Aramaic.  They have it in English.  Then we could search using Hebrew or Aramaic.

Posts 492
R. Mansfield | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 12:35 PM

Ronnie Rice:

Accordance is programmed by Messianic Jews.  

The statement is too absolute. The company has a variety of faith traditions represented in its employees.

RMansfield@mac.com
http://thislamp.com 
youtube.com/user/rfmansfield
twitter/thislamp
facebook.com/rmansfield

Posts 5
Ronnie Rice | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 11 2015 2:30 PM

Sorry for the miss-characterization.  I didn't mean everyone who works there.

Posts 1617
Ben | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 3 2015 9:21 PM

I was just working with this today, and missing all the popups. Would love to see it in Logos. 

"The whole modern world has divided itself into Conservatives and Progressives. The business of Progressives is to go on making mistakes. The business of Conservatives is to prevent mistakes from being corrected."- G.K. Chesterton

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 3 2015 9:27 PM

FYI was listening to an interview of the Editor and he says the Second Edition  of the JANT is due out in 2017.

-Dan

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS