Page 3 of 6 (117 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last »
This post has 116 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 2341
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 11:27 AM

I hope this gets changed soon.  

Posts 2764
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 11:53 AM

Francis:

I will be curious to see how dynamic pricing on Thomas Nelson collections play out. I have bought a collection over the years (incl. WBC). 

It is good to open a can of worms, when you're fishing for information (or trouble). Perhaps someone will bite? But we may have to wade through a bunch of beside-the-point answers.

I heard that Zondervan now owns Thomas Nelson, and thinking that if it is offered for Zondervan labeled resources, it would also be offered for Thomas Nelson.

I think we may have the same collection that included WBC and a lot of other resources for about $699.

I mentioned the can of worms as I was remembering some of the past discussions concerning dynamic pricing on Zondervan and Thomas Nelson, and no one could figure out a meaningful reason for this other than greed. Smile

Posts 13366
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 2:38 PM

There's a pricing bug with this. If you view the product when you're not signed in, it says you're getting a 5% discount for what you already own.

Posts 2703
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 2:47 PM

Mark Barnes:

There's a pricing bug with this. If you view the product when you're not signed in, it says you're getting a 5% discount for what you already own.

I thought as much.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 9095
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 4:12 PM

John Kight:

Super.Tramp:

And, of course, there is no "New to Me" mechanism.  Sad

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Lightning

Same. Hopefully that will be fixed very soon. These 'bundles' in particular need that feature.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 107
Brandon Rappuhn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 4:48 PM

Mark Barnes:

This is a known bug. That 5% is supposed to be the extra discount you get on top of dynamic pricing (well, you get it whether you have dynamic pricing or not, it's part of the sale). We're working on getting it fixed so that it shows you the sale discount independently of the dynamic price discounts.

Posts 483
Gary Butner, Th.D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 4:55 PM

September will be my book of the day event.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 7:07 PM

Brandon Rappuhn:
This is a known bug. That 5% is supposed to be the extra discount you get on top of dynamic pricing (well, you get it whether you have dynamic pricing or not, it's part of the sale). We're working on getting it fixed so that it shows you the sale discount independently of the dynamic price discounts.

It is not showing ANY sale discount for me.

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 1577
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 7:40 PM

The prices on on these bundles are ludicrous and ridiculously high. Seems like all thy are thinking of are $$$$$$$$$$$$$. I would never pay this prices for any bundles. End of story.

Posts 623
JAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 7:59 PM

Dan Francis:
I do think there is extra value in the FL editions having them integrated into the Logos Library (it is pushing a bit to say there is $45 extra value, but I can see it being argued and not unreasonable, what is wholly unreasonable is saying there is $367 of extra value there).

This does boggle the mind.

I appreciated the NIVAC discount sale, I think the pricing was very nice.

I bought a good lot in the Pradis customer sale. I thought the value was good.

I will almost certainly purchase something in the September sale.

Having written all that, I am still frequently vexed by representations made to promote products during sales. There was a relevant discussion in this thread: Church Dogmatics Sale - A little misleading?

"The Christian mind is the prerequisite of Christian thinking. And Christian thinking is the prerequisite of Christian action." - Harry Blamires, 1963

Posts 1398
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 8:05 PM

Dan Francis:

Rick Ausdahl:

Chris duMond:

For the month of September only, all Zondervan / Thomas Nelson Collections will be dynamically priced AND on sale.

In addition to dynamic pricing, Word Biblical Commentary (WBC) will be discounted even further during this period to:

Individual volumes: $9.99 each

Chris,

If a person buys an entire commentary set but purchases the volumes individually, can all the volumes later be sold/transferred as a set in a single transaction or do the volumes have to be sold/transferred individually?

If you purchase a set it must be sold as set individual volumes can easily be included because you pay only pay for one transfer fee per transaction.

-Dan

Dan,

Thank you so much for the input.  If I'm tracking with you, you're saying a group of resources bought as a set can only be sold as a set, and I've always understood that to be the case.  But I wasn't sure about how it would be handled if those same commentary resources had been purchased individually--i.e.  could I then sell them as a complete set and just pay a single transfer fee.

What got me wondering is that I purchased every volume in the NIVAC set a while back when FL had a good sale on the individual volumes.  But since I purchased them via perhaps a half dozen smallish group purchases, I didn't know if FL would require me to sell them the same way and pay multiple transfer fees.

I'd like to get the complete WBC and NICOT/NICNT commentary sets but I'll probably need to sell some other resources first, so I want to make sure I understand the resale rules before taking any new purchasing action.  I'm disappointed no one from FL responded to my question.  Thank you for helping out!

Posts 479
Travis Walter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 13 2015 10:27 PM

My Dynamic pricing..

The Complete Thomas Nelson Bundle (511 vols.) $814.18

The Complete Zondervan Bundle (364 vols.) $4,673.12

Total:  $5487.30

Faithlife price:

The Complete Zondervan / Thomas Nelson Bundle (875 vols.)  $5,563.70

What am I getting for the extra $76.40?  (Not that I would buy this at these prices, but still).  Faithlife please look into your pricing.. Its broken.

Posts 10574
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 3:26 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
I didn't know if FL would require me to sell them the same way and pay multiple transfer fees.

The transfer fee is per transaction, no matter how many separate resources are included. If you sell one resource—$25. If you sell 100 resources purchased at various times and in various bundles—$25.

Posts 2341
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 4:24 AM

I also purchased the NIVAC when it was on sale several months ago.  It's my understanding that since they were purchased individually (40+ volumes @ 7.99 each) I could sell one of them if I wanted and keep the others.  However, if I purchased them as a set, they would have to be sold as a set. 

Posts 1398
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 6:12 AM

Jack Caviness:

Rick Ausdahl:
I didn't know if FL would require me to sell them the same way and pay multiple transfer fees.

The transfer fee is per transaction, no matter how many separate resources are included. If you sell one resource—$25. If you sell 100 resources purchased at various times and in various bundles—$25.

Jack, thank you very much for the confirmation/clarification.

Does anyone know if there is a "Contract/Policies" page where one can view this sort of information?  Quite a while back, I read in the forum that a resource could only be sold/transferred one time, leaving the person who buys a previously owned resource with no option to sell it down the road.  I asked a FL sales rep about that but the most he would commit to was to say he didn't think that was the case but couldn't say for sure.  Tongue Tied

Posts 21978
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 6:46 AM

Rick Ausdahl:
Does anyone know if there is a "Contract/Policies" page where one can view this sort of information?

https://www.logos.com/support/eula5 is the best place I know to get general information of this type.

Rick Ausdahl:
Quite a while back, I read in the forum that a resource could only be sold/transferred one time, leaving the person who buys a previously owned resource with no option to sell it down the road

That was a long thread! Bob's comment in it as at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/88357/622779.aspx#622779 - where he tries to explain why they have the policies they do and how they see them and try to engage with them.

Posts 943
Everett Headley | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 7:15 AM

Kenute P. Curry:

The prices on on these bundles are ludicrous and ridiculously high. Seems like all thy are thinking of are $$$$$$$$$$$$$. I would never pay this prices for any bundles. End of story.

This is my feeling as well.  I am not sure how many of us in ministry using these tools can afford $3000+, even with payment plans.  It would seem that smaller bundles would be much more palatable. 

Posts 646
Frank Sauer | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 8:38 AM

Wow! The WBC deal is crazy... Like others have mentioned, I remember waiting for the as low as $399 sale price. Now saving $35 off the consistent Logos price is a hyped sale? Then the price is going to nearly double for what it has been for years... Amazing! No wonder there is so much question in regard to the character of Zondervan's ethical nature....

Posts 1398
Rick Ausdahl | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 9:14 AM

Graham Criddle:

Rick Ausdahl:
Does anyone know if there is a "Contract/Policies" page where one can view this sort of information?

https://www.logos.com/support/eula5 is the best place I know to get general information of this type.

Rick Ausdahl:
Quite a while back, I read in the forum that a resource could only be sold/transferred one time, leaving the person who buys a previously owned resource with no option to sell it down the road

That was a long thread! Bob's comment in it as at https://community.logos.com/forums/p/88357/622779.aspx#622779 - where he tries to explain why they have the policies they do and how they see them and try to engage with them.

Graham,

Thank you so much.  Those links are exactly what I needed!  Smile

Posts 3084
SineNomine | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 14 2015 9:39 AM

Mark Smith:

John Kight:

Super.Tramp:

And, of course, there is no "New to Me" mechanism.  Sad

Yeah, I noticed that as well. Lightning

Same. Hopefully that will be fixed very soon. These 'bundles' in particular need that feature.

FL has already said that there is a second version of New to You set to come out with a series of products to be promoted "soon". Presumably these ones. September is coming. That's when the dynamic pricing will be applied.

Page 3 of 6 (117 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > ... Last » | RSS