Recommended Default Font For Note File

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 16 2015 6:25 AM

Is there a recommended default font for note files that renders the Greek well in addition to English?

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2015 6:28 AM

The Notes font, Greek font, and Hebrew fonts are all selected individually in the program settings.

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2015 7:07 AM

Is this true in a notes document? Based on my experience (limited), the default note font applies to all the text in the note document including the Greek font. So in my note document, if the default font is Verdana...all the text in the note document is Verdana (including Greek text).

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2015 9:17 AM

Here is a sample BDAG quote in a note file. The first time the quote is in Verdanna (font size 11). The second time the quote is in Times New Roman (font size 11). In this instance Verdanna doesn't render the Greek as well as Times New Roman. I'm not familiar with all the fonts and would like suggestions on which fonts provide an eye-pleasing English rendering as well as a crisp Greek rendering (which would not be Verdanna in this instance). Thanks.

Posts 4768
RIP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2015 3:26 PM

My apologies. I did not realize you were talking about copying text into a note file

Posts 1865
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2015 4:48 PM

tjebme:

Is there a recommended default font for note files that renders the Greek well in addition to English?

On the Mac there is "paste and match style." Several apps on the Mac (Pages, Textedit, etc.) have the latter built in. Unfortunately, the Logos Notes does not.

To get something like this, you can get a clipboard manager, like Flycut, that can "paste as plain text," which would do the same thing. I personally use Launchbar, but it's not free like Flycut is.

Once you have it installed, you would use the clipboard manager to do the pasting into Notes, and it will match the default font.

Posts 102
tjebme | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2015 4:17 PM

Thank you very much! Your answer solved my problem. It's amazing that something this simple isn't provided in a software program as complex as Logos.

Posts 1865
Forum MVP
Levi Durfey | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2015 4:29 PM

Glad I could help. Happy pasting!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS