Error updating to 6.5

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 4
William H. Pihl | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 16 2015 2:15 PM

The last few times I've signed on to Logos, it says it's downloading around 115 Mb of updates, and then I get the message "The installation of Logos Bible Software did not succeed."  I currently have 6.4.0.0065 installed, and have Windows 10 on my computer.  The current version works fine, but I like to get all the updates when they are available.  I've attached my log files.1447.Logos Log Files.zip

Posts 13369
Forum MVP
Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2015 2:20 PM

The error message is "The installer file for "Logos Bible Software" was corrupted during the download. Please run Setup again".

I would suggest downloading from the product page: https://www.logos.com/product/46767/logos-6-core-engine#requirements 

Posts 66
Warren Dane | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 16 2015 6:20 PM

I downloaded the setup file on my Win10 laptop since I had repeated error message before. During the setup I got an error message indicating I had no access to the resources.dll file and must verify that access. Of course there was no way. The options were retry of cancel. I had to cancel eventually since retry did not work. The Logos 6.5 code needs to be reworked. Fortunately my Logos 6.4 continues to word on Win10. I have Win7 on my desktop and the Logos 6.5 is working fine. I hope this is helpful. There will probably be more similar error problems during the adjustment to Win10. :-(

Posts 25100
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 17 2015 4:00 PM

Warren Dane:
During the setup I got an error message indicating I had no access to the resources.dll file and must verify that access. Of course there was no way. The options were retry of cancel. I had to cancel eventually since retry did not work. The Logos 6.5 code needs to be reworked.

See my response in the other thread. However, the issue is not with the Logos code as Microsoft code has a tendency to mess up Permissions on folders and files.

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS