Breakout 2: Scrolling

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
This post has 4 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 22 2015 10:00 AM

Say I have a screen with LEB, TSK, and Text Comparison open, all linked. If I scroll the LEB, it's jumpy because it keeps updating TSK and Text Comparison. Perhaps it should wait until the scrolling stops a few milliseconds to update linked resources.

PS: I love Logos.

Posts 25144
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 10:09 AM

Zak Metz:
If I scroll the LEB, it's jumpy

What do you mean by "jumpy"?

I've just tried it and it seems ok to me - http://screencast.com/t/MhsGgu0U 

Are you seeing something like this or much worse?

What spec of system do you have?

Posts 33277
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 22 2015 1:34 PM

Zak Metz:

Say I have a screen with LEB, TSK, and Text Comparison open, all linked. If I scroll the LEB, it's jumpy because it keeps updating TSK and Text Comparison. Perhaps it should wait until the scrolling stops a few milliseconds to update linked resources.

PS: I love Logos.

You can force the Text Comparison to be very slow and effect the performance of the system as a whole by either of two things - asking it to compare a very long pericope or a large number of Bibles (or other resources). What it can handle and perform well depends upon the power of your machine.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 26975
Forum MVP
Dave Hooton | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 3:25 AM

MJ. Smith:
What it can handle and perform well depends upon the power of your machine.

Zak,

Results tend to vary with the power of the hardware, but it also depends on how well the manufacturer has integrated the various components, and their drivers. I used your screen shot from another Breakout thread and had no problem scrolling the resources on my 5 year old Core i5 laptop, updated to Win 10, with SSD and 8 GB RAM.

When you click to open a resource for the first time in your layout, how long does it take to respond - quickly, after a few seconds, or slower? 

Dave
===

Windows 10 & Android 8

Posts 111
Zak Metz | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 3:24 PM

I think this was worse when I was running on battery, which makes the machine slow down to conserve power. However, I was also able to stop scrolling, and the linked resources never did re-position. So I think I know why I get stuttering scolling, but maybe be seeing a bug in linked resources. In another thread someone pointed me to a conversation about that issue, so I guess we can consider this one closed.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items) | RSS