Looking for The MacArthur New Testament Commentary

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 24
Jason Harris | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Aug 23 2015 7:02 AM

I'm looking for The MacArthur New Testament Commentary on Logos. I've found an individual volume (https://www.logos.com/resources/LLS_29.61.1/titus-the-macarthur-new-testament-commentary), but it's not purchasable.

Is this set available? If not, why not? And if so, why is it so hard to find?

Many thanks for your help in advance.

Posts 2407
David Thomas | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 7:23 AM

All Moody Publishers titles got pulled from Logos. We are told that Faithlife and Moody are still negotiating their return.

Making Disciples!  Logos Ecosystem = Logos8 on Microsoft Surface Pro 4 (Win10), Android app on tablet, FSB on iPhone, [deprecated] Windows App, Proclaim, Faithlife.com, FaithlifeTV via Connect subscription.

Posts 25127
Forum MVP
Graham Criddle | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 7:23 AM

Jason Harris:
Is this set available? If not, why not?

It is not currently available.

It is published by Moody and, at the moment, Faithlife does not have a relationship with Moody which enables them to offer resources through their Logos storefront. They used to but it is no longer in place.

Many users hope that this will change in the future.

Posts 943
P A | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 7:23 AM

Hi Jason

It was available, but was withdrawn from sale.

The reason the publisher Moody and Logos could not agree on terms and conditions.

No Moody products are available except  Vyrso ebooks.

So sorry you are unlikely to see it until Moody and Logos agree terms.

I got one of these before it was withdrawn from sale.

P A

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 7:23 AM

At this time Logos is not able to sell many resources that are published by Moody and this is one of them.  These commentaries have been available in the past and hopefully they will be again in the future. 

If I remember correctly, a few of MacArthur's commentaries are available in one of his LifeWorks collections.  You may check there.  Also keep an eye on third party sellers, sometimes his commentaries come available there as well.

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 7:24 AM

Wow.  I guess a lot of people were responding at the same time.

Posts 2519
Ronald Quick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 7:25 AM

1 & 2 Timothy and Titus are available here.

https://www.logos.com/product/43981/john-macarthur-collected-works-and-resources#025 

Posts 8337
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 9:14 AM

Ronald Quick:

Wow.  I guess a lot of people were responding at the same time.

LOL Exactly my thoughts! or everybody wants to give their version ;)

DAL

Posts 1582
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 9:33 AM

So many people would buy THE COMPLETE MacARTHUR NEW TESTAMENT COMMENTARY in a heartbeat; and it is quite ridiculous and ludicrous that FAITHLIFE and MOODY cannot come to some kind of agreement after all of this time, with this set of commentaries. I would buy the entire set even if they were on VYRSO.

Other Bible Software's have this set of commentaries; so it makes no sense to me why FAITHLIFE & MOODY cannot work out some kind of a deal with this set of commentaries. Either let one or the other give in, whatever the problem is. They are only sending customers to other Bible Software Companies and losing out.

I find this to be just beyond absolutely ridiculous !!!!!!!!!!

Posts 1985
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 11:41 AM

boys boys.. listen up.

MacArthur commentaries are exactly the same as his sermons. John MacArthur literally preached from his own commentaries. How do I know? I have both!

His sermons are much much better than the commentaries, why? Because it is longer, more comprehensive and has a link to his audio back to GTY website at the bottom of each sermons. Pretty cool.

I just wish ALL other sermons would link to their audio to the preacher's website. (John Piper)

Posts 518
Nord Zootman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 2:15 PM

mike:
MacArthur commentaries are exactly the same as his sermons. John MacArthur literally preached from his own commentaries. How do I know? I have both!

Similar, but not the same in my experience. I have the commentaries in paper and the sermons electronically, and there was quite a bit of editing done which in my opinion makes the commentaries a better read and thus more useful.

Posts 1582
Kenute P. Curry | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 2:35 PM

I agree with you Nord Zootman I also have the hardback commentaries and they are a better read and more useful. 

Posts 3073
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Aug 23 2015 7:47 PM

Those of us who have all the but last few commentaries and can't get them to complete the NT set are also a bit anxious to have the relationship restored. I had Luke 6-10 on pre-pub and it vanished along with the rest.

Irritating.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 24
Jason Harris | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 12:37 AM

Wow... thanks for all the responses.

It's quite disappointing that Logos and Moody don't have a deal on this. Seems like a lose-lose-lose... Logos, Moody, the customers.

Here's hoping they get this sorted. Yes

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS