License for Using Logos Media/images in blog posts.

Page 1 of 1 (9 items)
This post has 8 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Posted: Mon, Aug 24 2015 4:39 PM

Hi,

I would like to know if I need to get permission to use logos/media image(s) as a featured image on a blog post. Is it necessary to get a written permission to use an image or cite/credit the image in the blog post?

Please let me know!

Thank you

Joel

Posts 27675
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 24 2015 7:16 PM

Bob wrote about this and said that further clarification would be forthcoming... it hasn't yet.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 5:33 PM

Ok, thank you!

Posts 2820
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Aug 25 2015 9:05 PM

alabama24:

Bob wrote about this and said that further clarification would be forthcoming... it hasn't yet.

That clears things up.

Huh?

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 1690
LogosEmployee
Bob Pritchett | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2015 5:34 PM

Sorry for the delay -- we've been writing up the details of the guidelines, and they're working through the system to be embedded in the app soon.

If the image was part of one of our sold collections (much of what is in Logos base packages), it's going to be under the "Logos User" rules. A summary follows; the way to share correctly is via http://biblia.com, and/or Visual Copy, though other embedding techniques may be coming soon.

Logos User

“Logos User” media items are meant only for use by the Logos user who paid for them.

Copyright 2014 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software. Free for use by licensed users of Logos Bible Software. May be presented before live audiences. May be shared on the web as a link or embedded frame hosted by Faithlife. May not be re-distributed. May not be used commercially. May not be modified or included in published works without permission; contact permissions@faithlife.com. Attribute as: "Copyright 2014 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software (https://www.logos.com)".

This license applies to most Faithlife-created media collections. Basically, we want you to feel free to show these to other people in church and classroom settings, but we don’t want you to make copies of the media file itself and make it available to others.

Rule of thumb: If you paid for it, it’s very likely that we want other people to pay for it, too.

By “may be presented before live audiences” we mean the same thing as above under “Logos Free.”

By “shared on the web as a link” we mean don’t save the file to your hard drive and then post it on Facebook or embed it in your blog. Instead, use the “share” buttons from within the Logos application, which will share a hyperlink to the file on our servers. By “or embedded frame hosted by Faithlife” means some widget, plugin, or other code snippet that you got from a Faithlife / Logos site specifically for embedding content into your page.

By “may not be re-distributed” we mean don’t copy the file and hand that file to others, either through the internet, or email, or by posting to a download site.

By “may not be modified or included in published works without permission” we mean the same thing as above under “Logos Free.”

Posts 8940
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2015 5:41 PM

Thanks for clarifying this Bob. Everything you have said makes sense to me.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 2310
Jan Krohn | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Aug 27 2015 7:29 PM

Just curious...: I assume media from public domain resources and pre 1923 photos don't fall under this rule?

Jan

Past IT Consultant. Past Mission Worker. Entrepreneur. Future Seminary Student.
Why Amazon sucks: Full background story of my legal dispute with the online giant

Posts 232
Joel Madasu | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Aug 28 2015 5:15 AM

Thank you for the information!

Posts 468
BKMitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2015 5:30 PM

Bob Pritchett:
the way to share correctly is via http://biblia.com, and/or Visual Copy, though other embedding techniques may be coming soon.

Thanks that is clear and useful to know! 

חַפְּשׂוּ בַּתּוֹרָה הֵיטֵב וְאַל תִּסְתַּמְּכוּ עַל דְּבָרַי

Page 1 of 1 (9 items) | RSS