McGee's Thru the Bible Commentary Version(s)

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 60 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 11:35 AM

Gabe Martini:

Since the single resource and multiple resource versions of this product are the same content, we decided to retire the single resource, older version (in our format), and maintain the multi-resource edition. (Why this one? It allows users to buy only the books of the Bible they want, rather than the entire set without options.)

To preserve dynamic pricing for content you own, we've unlocked the multi-resource edition for everyone that owned the single resource edition. Our apologies for any confusion, but we wanted to take care of everyone that owned the earlier one, but not the newer, multi-resource edition.

We should've sent an email to those that owned the older edition. I'll check to see if that somehow didn't make it out, and ensure that it does.

Thanks for the clarification, Gabe;

I for one appreciate the gift. Yes, it is a gift, as you/Faithlife was not required to do this. No apologies needed for confusion, as there was really no confusion (I'll speak for myself), just curiosity. Smile

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 11:47 AM

Gabe Martini:

Since the single resource and multiple resource versions of this product are the same content, we decided to retire the single resource, older version (in our format), and maintain the multi-resource edition. (Why this one? It allows users to buy only the books of the Bible they want, rather than the entire set without options.)

To preserve dynamic pricing for content you own, we've unlocked the multi-resource edition for everyone that owned the single resource edition. Our apologies for any confusion, but we wanted to take care of everyone that owned the earlier one, but not the newer, multi-resource edition.

We should've sent an email to those that owned the older edition. I'll check to see if that somehow didn't make it out, and ensure that it does.

I had the older one.

When I saw the download of the 60 vols. today, I was surprised and had to quickly check my account in case I had accidentally clicked some wrong button.  

Thanks for both your explanation and for being generous enough to give the newer one free to those with the older edition.

Posts 8967
RIP
Matthew C Jones | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 11:51 AM

Gabe Martini:
Since the single resource and multiple resource versions of this product are the same content, we decided to retire the single resource, older version (in our format), and maintain the multi-resource edition.

Does this delete my license for the single resource? I have a license for both resources now.

Big Smile

Logos 7 Collectors Edition

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 11:52 AM

Super.Tramp:

Gabe Martini:
Since the single resource and multiple resource versions of this product are the same content, we decided to retire the single resource, older version (in our format), and maintain the multi-resource edition.

Does this delete my license for the single resource? I have a license for both resources now.

Big Smile

No, everyone that purchased the original version gets to keep it.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 993
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 11:57 AM

Wowsers $360 now. Glad I bought it for 10 bucks a couple of years back

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 11:59 AM

Gabe Martini:

Since many of us might choose to hide these new volumes to prevent further clutter of our library, that option might be mentioned in whatever email goes out: "If you don't want to see these volumes you can hide them by using CTRL/CMD-right click and choosing "Hide this resource" in Library. You will still retain your license for these volumes if you do so."

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 12:03 PM

David Carter:

The cynic in me would say that this is the real reason Faithlife removed the single volume edition from sale. Perhaps Nelson wants it this way, too.

I doubt a single complete set will ever sell at that price. Ridiculous.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 12:04 PM

Mark Smith:

Gabe Martini:

Since many of us might choose to hide these new volumes to prevent further clutter of our library, that option might be mentioned in whatever email goes out: "If you don't want to see these volumes you can hide them by using CTRL/CMD-right click and choosing "Hide this resource" in Library. You will still retain your license for these volumes if you do so."

That's a great idea, thanks.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 12:15 PM

Mark Smith:

David Carter:

The cynic in me would say that this is the real reason Faithlife removed the single volume edition from sale. Perhaps Nelson wants it this way, too.

I doubt a single complete set will ever sell at that price. Ridiculous.

It will get caught up in one of the big sales sometime in the future.

I remember the EBC change. Still waiting for the massive sale on the new edition. Smile

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 12:54 PM

Gabe Martini:

Super.Tramp:

Gabe Martini:

Big Smile

No, everyone that purchased the original version gets to keep it.

Any chance that those of us with the sixty can get the convince of the one volume???

-Dan

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 1:20 PM

Dan Francis:

Any chance that those of us with the sixty can get the convince of the one volume???

-Dan

Greetings Dan; It looks like it's gone already. I was just looking for it on the website.

Posts 10821
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 2:03 PM

Mark Smith:

However, any updates/typo corrections will probably be applied to the multi-volume edition.

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 3:00 PM

Jack Caviness:
However, any updates/typo corrections will probably be applied to the multi-volume edition.

I can live with that loss. I've already hidden my 60 new volumes.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 5743
DIsciple II | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 5:00 PM

Jack Caviness:

Mark Smith:

Was going to say the same but you beat me to the punch Jack, for my mind if I was to hide anything it will be the single volume of this very reason.

Posts 1812
Ken McGuire | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 5:13 PM

As someone who has it, but isn't that interested, part of me wants to hide the 60 vol. But if they are being maintained and the one volume is NOT and in effect an obsolete resource, then it would make sense to hide the 1 volume. Any thoughts?

The Gospel is not ... a "new law," on the contrary, ... a "new life." - William Julius Mann

L8 Anglican, Lutheran and Orthodox Silver, Reformed Starter, Academic Essentials

L7 Lutheran Gold, Anglican Bronze

Posts 521
Russ White | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 5:17 PM

Are you sure they are the same content? One is about 1000 pages, the other is about 11000 pages, or something insane like that... Is it just a matter of the way the pages have been formatted between the two?

Russ

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 5:18 PM

Ken McGuire:
Any thoughts?

DOC above said he would do this.

For me the possibility of so many tyspos needing to be corrected that I would hav difficulty reeding the text seems two remote.

Take your choice.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 9481
Forum MVP
Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 5:20 PM

Russ White:
Is it just a matter of the way the pages have been formatted between the two?

See the earlier discussion. There I quoted from the preface to the 5 volumes edition (now in 1 volume) which indicates what differences there may be.

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 2771
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 5:49 PM

Russ White:

Are you sure they are the same content? One is about 1000 pages, the other is about 11000 pages, or something insane like that... Is it just a matter of the way the pages have been formatted between the two?

Russ

In addition to what Mark has stated, here is a small screenshot of the two side by side. The only difference I can see is minor formatting.

Posts 1602
Deacon Steve | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 5 2015 6:57 PM

LimJK:

Hi,

I am looking at the details of the September Zondervan/Nelson Bundle Deals ... May I know what is the differences between the 5 Volume (1 Resources) McGee's Thru the Bible Commentary ($199.99) which I already own. https://www.logos.com/product/1222/thru-the-bible-commentary 

vs

Thru the Bible Commentary Series (60 vols.) ($379.95) https://www.logos.com/product/39478/thru-the-bible-commentary-series 

Wondering should I consider the 60 volumes version as part of the Complete Thomas Nelson Bundle.  Thanks.

The first link is taking me to a "We're Sorry" page.  Second link goes to a large collection.  I'm lost on what you are trying to compare.

???

Page 2 of 4 (61 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS