Did anyone participate in the July Upgrade-Your-Package-Receive $25 Credit Promo?

Page 1 of 1 (14 items)
This post has 13 Replies | 5 Followers

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Posted: Sat, Aug 29 2015 8:35 AM

I was promised the $25 and a free webinar on July 15, neither of which I have received yet. I called Customer Service once and was transferred to the Sales Rep who handled the upgrade. He said he was looking into it, but hasn't responded to my queries regarding an update in a couple of weeks.

I'm not upset that I upgraded, as I would have done it eventually, but I wouldn't have done it at that particular time had it not been for the promised goodies.

I'm planning to call Customer Service again, but first wanted to see if anyone here knows something I don't.

Author of the Chronological Word Truth Life Bible Series

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 155
Alan | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2015 10:00 AM

ditto, insofar as not having received the $25 and the free webinar.

Posts 44
Mikael S | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Aug 29 2015 10:57 AM

Please be patient and wait until early next Month, they told me it often takes a few days more than 45 days. In fact I eventually had to turn to customer service and they fixed it. I still wonder whether it applies to the new "Biblical Theology Bundle" - if it doesn't I'm going to complain about it because it's hard to see the difference, the icon looks pretty much the same, are we supposed to be able to tell the difference? For the record I took the "Feature Crossgrade" and the one-year "Now" - and in fact I also upgraded to Parallel Passages - I planned on returning Parallel Passages and re-purchasing it, would have saved a bit of money: Extra Saving on Parallel Passage Collection& ... also could have applied the coupon-code. The reason I didn't return it was actually that I confused it with the Feature Crossgrade and when I realized my mistake it was too late although I managed to get to keep Feature Crossgrade by explaining - Evan Jones asked me on Aug. 8. 10:51 AM Bellingham time what it was I wanted to return but when I told about the confusion and my other excuses I didn't get to return Parallel Passages. Both start with the word "Feature" despite that they are completely different things. I don't waste hours to think about returning but make it quick decisions. I had returned three other items from the same order well in time. For the record because I'm sending in a complaint about how they brand these things, Faithlife is a lot about bundles so they should be a bit more careful with how they are displayed.

translatio-princpld...
10 Bibls.. Supporting the cause of the right for data

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Aug 31 2015 8:12 AM

I guess I'll give it another week before I call again.

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 7

Cynthia Tucker:

I guess I'll give it another week before I call again.

Hi Cynthia,

I'm not sure if you ended up receiving an email from us about the webinar, but I've verified that you made a purchase that qualified you for the webinar and the coupon code. I'll send you an email directly if you haven't already got it. 

Thanks,

Taylor 

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 9:30 AM

Thanks Taylor. I had been looking for an email. It's possible it's in my inbox somewhere, but I'd appreciate you resending just in case.

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 61
LogosEmployee
Taylor Blomquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 9:42 AM

Hey Cynthia, 

I forwarded the email you were supposed to receive. Reply so I know you received it.

Posts 52
Kevin Todhunter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 10:09 AM

I queried with Customer Services the absence of the email too and was then sent an email to invite me to the webinar on Sept 8th and to tell me that the coupon would be made available in the webinar. At the end of the webinar a coupon was indeed offered for $25 but only redeemable against an expansion collection. I have to admit that I felt a bit cheated since the original offer on the screen (for Logos 6 upgrades) simply stated that a $25 coupon would be granted (in addition to making available a webinar). I naïvely assumed it would be a coupon to redeem against any purchase. I'm now a little more wary of thinly-disguised marketing techniques.

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 10:53 AM

Taylor Blomquist:

Hey Cynthia, 

I forwarded the email you were supposed to receive. Reply so I know you received it.

Will do as soon as I get home. Thanks for your help! Big Smile

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 61
LogosEmployee
Taylor Blomquist | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 11:06 AM

Kevin Todhunter:
I have to admit that I felt a bit cheated since the original offer on the screen (for Logos 6 upgrades) simply stated that a $25 coupon would be granted (in addition to making available a webinar). I naïvely assumed it would be a coupon to redeem against any purchase. I'm now a little more wary of thinly-disguised marketing techniques.

Hi Kevin, 

I apologize that our messaging was unclear. It's unlikely that you were the only one who had this interpretation. However, I'd like to humbly point out that in every blog post that mentioned the $25 coupon code it also was qualified with what it was eligible for. For example, the bottom of this blog post: https://blog.logos.com/2015/07/3-ways-to-keep-your-bible-study-on-track/. I do apologize for the "thinly-disguised marketing technique." In the marketing department, we aim to serve our customers well by giving them all they need to make an informed decision. We do our best to avoid disguising anything. This was an oversight on our part, and I apologize. 

Feel free to reach out to us in the future should you see something that looks "thinly-disguised".  Unclear messaging is never a win for Faithlife, nor is it helpful for our valued customers. 

Taylor

Posts 352
Cynthia Tucker | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 11:28 AM

Taylor Blomquist:
However, I'd like to humbly point out that in every blog post that mentioned the $25 coupon code it also was qualified with what it was eligible for.

I never saw the offer in writing (don't really read the blog). I was on the phone with a rep who offered to me. And he made it sound like it was a regular Logos credit. I upgraded my package at that moment because of his sales pitch. I'm not sorry I did it, as I would have eventually upgraded anyway. But I wouldn't have done it at that particular time if I had known the $25 was a credit toward a specific product. 

WordTruthLifeBible.com

Posts 1027
David Carter | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 12:17 PM

Taylor Blomquist:
However, I'd like to humbly point out that in every blog post that mentioned the $25 coupon code it also was qualified with what it was eligible for.

Be that as it may,  I'd like to humbly point out that on the back to school sales page - the page from which I clicked onto the buy page - there was no mention of any qualifier.

I wish now I had taken a screen cap of the page, I think in future I probably shall. There have been a number of reported  instances in these forums  recently of customers feeling they have been misled, which is clearly not good news for Faithlife.

Posts 52
Kevin Todhunter | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 1:08 AM

Maybe I didn't read the small print. That's very possible.

This is a screen cap, which I took to remind me to check I'd got the follow-up items.

8640.Bridge the Gap - Logos Bible Software.tiff

I think the learning point is how elusive clarity can be.

Posts 934
Matthew | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 10:16 AM

My advice is that you contact someone in Sales. I bought a base package after receiving an email offer that said I would get a $25 coupon code and could attend a webinar. After I purchased the base package, I got an email saying I could attend a webinar and that the code would be given at the end of the webinar. This concerned me, as I could not attend the webinar due to my work schedule. I was further alarmed to see that the email said the $25 could only be used on a feature collection, which the first email said NOTHING about. I contacted sales and was told I would receive a code by email that would let me spend the $25 on anything, and that I was not required to attend the webinar to get the code. The code arrived I believe on Wednesday in an email that said it had to be used by Friday (today) and was only good for feature collections. I again contacted sales and they essentially did a manual override so I could purchase $25 of resources of my choice. I was happy with the end result, but still felt like the emails I received regarding the $25 added more and more stipulations that were not mentioned at all in the original offer. This was very poor marketing.

Page 1 of 1 (14 items) | RSS