Let's request Logos 4 Mac to be more Mac like 1) Enhance the app. icon

Page 3 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next >
This post has 72 Replies | 3 Followers

Posts 3
Fine Eric A | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 3:03 PM

Heath Choate:

ChristopherLayton:

I don't know how to make an icon file, and since I drew this one by hand I just had to make it a .png. But what about something more like this...

I hope you don't mind but I just hoodwinked it. All you have to do to make it an icon is go to logos 4 in the finder, right click, and hit info and drag  it to the position of the current icon until you see the green + and drop

I've also just made this my Logos Icon!  I love it!  As a small aside one of the things I love about my Mac is that to change the icon for an app it really is as easy as "drag and drop"!  I also had that rainbow logos icon for v1 mac logos, but the one you've created here seems to me what the Mac icon should be based upon.

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 3:10 PM

This is really what the Mac community is about. If we don't like your icon. We make our own and share .

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:06 PM

I tried to give L4 a custom Icon but couldn't get the icon to change, how did you all do it?

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:14 PM

I couldn't get drag and drop to work so here is what I did.

I think you have to make sure you have the permission turned on.

Find the app file in either Search or the Application Folder.  CONTROL click and "Get info" and click unlock at the bottom right of the "Get Info" panel. I simply COMMAND - C / copied the .png file and "left clicked" the icon in "Get info". I then COMMAND - V and it was done.

all about Christ,
David 

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 343

Where can I get these different customized icon files at?

Jason Saling

Posts 455
David Buckham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:26 PM

Jason,

the file with the Bible and magnifying glass, can be copied here. just "right click" the file and "save as". i recommend saving it to a place you want it to be and give it a special name so you can find it again if you loose it.

all about Christ,

David

all about Christ,

David Buckham

http://thinkspurlove.blogspot.com

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 5:41 PM

MichaelKares:

I tried to give L4 a custom Icon but couldn't get the icon to change, how did you all do it?

Go to Logos in Finder, right click (control click) and click "get info".

With the info pane open drag your icon to the location of the existing icon at the top  left.

I have posted a video on YouTube 

Posts 343

I tried that but it just made my icon a PNG PREVIEW image.  Any ideas?

Jason Saling

Posts 102
Andrew Mercer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 6:00 PM

Heath Choate:

I have posted a video on YouTube 

Thanks Heath - quick and easy

Posts 505
Michael Kares | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 6:13 PM

Thanks for the help everyone!  Got a new icon!  Now I just need a new Alpha....  Keep up the great work devs!

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 6:20 PM

MichaelKares:

Thanks for the help everyone!  Got a new icon!  Now I just need a new Alpha....  Keep up the great work devs!

Everyone with custom icons the new Alpha may replace it  with the default icon.

Posts 102
Andrew Mercer | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 7:03 PM

Heath Choate:

Everyone with custom icons the new Alpha may replace it  with the default icon.

It did - but it's easy to change now thanks to your video

Posts 343

Any further direction someone could give me?  I watched the video and everything, did what it said, even tried restarting the computer, removing the app from the dock, re-adding it, etc...but all I get is a "preview PNG" type image.  I don't get the actual icon.  I'm trying to change the older Libronix for Mac 1 icon (Not Logos 4).

Jason Saling

Posts 100
Heath Choate | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 8:23 PM

Jason Saling:

Any further direction someone could give me?  I watched the video and everything, did what it said, even tried restarting the computer, removing the app from the dock, re-adding it, etc...but all I get is a "preview PNG" type image.  I don't get the actual icon.  I'm trying to change the older Libronix for Mac 1 icon (Not Logos 4).

Check my profile and email me . We can talk or chat through iChat and I can walk you through it.

Posts 343

Thanks Heath!

If anyone else had similar trouble, my problem was that when I downloaded the file from the forum it changed it to a PNG format (if it wasn't already in that format), and it wouldn't let me then put it in as an icon.  But dragging it directly off the website into the info icon tab worked.

Jason Saling

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 3:17 PM

Nothing special but your welcome to use it!

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 3:31 PM

I Had some time on my hands today...Most of which was in PhotoshopWink Soo I made 2 New icons!

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 3
Fine Eric A | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 24 2010 8:20 PM

Not bad!  I wish I had more artistic skill so I could try some variations as well.  As for your two new icons I prefer the red book and logos symbol to the other although both are improvements.  I guess I just prefer non-square icons.  

Posts 1875
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2010 3:24 AM

John,

Thanks. As someone whose artistic skills are zilch I am grateful for your generosity and awestruck by your talent. I have now got a cool blue icon for L4Mac in my Dock. Cool

BTW I'd love your red Bible icon for Logos for Mac 1. Any chance of making it available? Yes

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 3.6GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.15.5; 1TB SSD; Logos 8

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.13.6; 256GB SSD; Logos 8

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 13.5.1

iPhone 8+ 64GB iOS 13.5.1

Posts 187
Rev. D. | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 25 2010 3:59 PM

Wow, I really love ALL of the icons people created. Now if I could just learn how to use one of them on my system.

Great question and thanks for asking.

Christina

iMac 27 inch, 3.1 GHz Core i5, 1T HD, 4 GB RAM

Page 3 of 4 (73 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 Next > | RSS