WBC volumes not Included in the 62 vol. Bundle?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items)
This post has 11 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 2 2015 7:55 AM

After reading around the forums I decided to see if there were any WBC volumes not included in the 62 volume set. Turns out there are two volumes—Vol. 24 (Isaiah 1-33) & Vol. 25 (34-66). 

However, upon a further look I noticed that I currently own these two volumes and that the volumes are included in the 62 vol. set. Moreover, the product description for both Isaiah volumes listed above explicitly states that they are revised volumes. 

Are these the same volumes included in the 62 vol. set currently on sale? If so, Logos may want to look at the website and update the owner status of these volumes. If not, are they the original volumes (prior to the revision) and the product page is incorrect? 

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 9577
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 9:34 AM

John Kight:
Are these the same volumes included in the 62 vol. set currently on sale? If so, Logos may want to look at the website and update the owner status of these volumes. If not, are they the original volumes (prior to the revision) and the product page is incorrect? 

I too was confused by this and went through the same process you did to discover the same things. I think it may be a website glitch for those two volumes. I own all the volumes that are currently offered including these two and yet the website still says I don't own them.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 245
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 10:39 AM

I am experiencing the same thing and is quite confusing. Hope this is sorted soonest.

Posts 1586
John Kight | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 10:57 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

If that is the case then he product page needs to reflect that these are the older editions, as stated in the OP above. At least for the Psalms and Isaiah volumes.

For book reviews and more visit sojotheo.com 

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 11:23 AM

This also explains the annoying function that tells me I do not own the Psalm commentary when trying to jumping to it from another commentary...

-Dan

Posts 408
Erik | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 11:39 AM

Anyone else having trouble downloading vols. 7A, 7B and 40 (Second Edition)?  I purchased them yesterday and I can't get L6 to download.  I've restarted my computer and L6 several times.  Until yesterday I wasn't having any issues with updating resources so I am at a loss...short of rebuilding my library.

Posts 8132
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 12:01 PM

Well, I got them all just in case. I just added the original Psalms volume so I'm officially at 67 vols. right now. I hope Acts gets published soon :)

DAL

Posts 796
LogosEmployee
Gabe Martini (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 2 2015 12:14 PM

We'll be adding call-outs on the product pages for original/revised editions, letting you know about the existence of both. Hopefully this helps alleviate some of the confusion.

Product Department Manager
Faithlife

Posts 5318
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 3 2015 12:18 AM

DAL:

Well, I got them all just in case. I just added the original Psalms volume so I'm officially at 67 vols. right now. I hope Acts gets published soon :)

DAL

I am sure that there are numerous corrections but I just spent a fair bit of time comparing original Psalms I volume one in the product preview to my revised edition. I found no changes. I am assuming the changes are minimal but revised needs to be there because it is not the author making changes and there is obviously more changes made than typographical errors. I am missing original palms and the two Isaiah volumes. I know it is only $30 but can anyone give me a reasonable argument why I might find these three useful?

Dan

Posts 58
James | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 3:18 AM

Dan Francis:
I am missing original palms and the two Isaiah volumes. I know it is only $30 but can anyone give me a reasonable argument why I might find these three useful?

Dan in all honesty mate you could probably give them a miss. While I haven't personally read them myself yet, I have read numerous reviews stating that the author's take on Isaiah makes them a few of the weaker volumes in the series. You're best to keep to some of the better commentaries on Isaiah.

Logos 6 Gold, Logos 7 Reformed Diamond 

Alienware R2 17  i7-4720HQ 3.6GHz 16GB RAM 1TB HDD 256GB SSD GTX970 3GB DDR5

Posts 1692
Allen Browne | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 22 2015 4:45 AM

Gabe Martini (Faithlife):

We'll be adding call-outs on the product pages for original/revised editions, letting you know about the existence of both. Hopefully this helps alleviate some of the confusion.

That would be great, Gabe.

Actually I managed to figure it out at the beginning of the month, by comparing the dates of the volumes I owned with the ones on the WBC 62 vol page.

However, that page claims to include Volume 49 on 1 Peter by J Ramsey Michaels, published in 2010. The one I have shows 1998 as the publication date, so I thought I was getting an upgrade on that volume by buying the "set" again. The page has since been modified to show that I "own" that volume already, so I can only conclude that the publication date for that volume on that page is incorrect?

Page 1 of 1 (12 items) | RSS