Rebuilding Logos.com: Give Us Your Ideas

Page 4 of 5 (94 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next >
This post has 93 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 3004
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 2:50 PM

All except #1 are in no particular order, just my brainstorming
  1. My #1 recommendation is to have the website very integrated with the app. I would like to be able to buy books directly from L4, iPhone app, and any other versions that come. Sales would likely skyrocket if we could purchase them with a single click from the iPhone app or with a single click from the L4 app. 
    1. So add a tab to the Library search in L4 that would allow us to search all resources in existance. 
    2. Add a tab in search for L4 that would allow us to search all resources available (or all resources available for a certain type). The results would be generated by Logos and then fed to L4 to help us know what we should be purchasing.
  2. Also, I would like the app to be able to intelligently know what I already own and allow me to filter out results that are already in my library.
  3. Search within books. I would like to be able to perform Logos-like searches of all books available and then see where results might lie in books that I don't already own. I'd like to see the results with short excerpts of the section of the text where the search result is found. This would really guide me in purchasing new resources.
  4. Integrate academic discounts into site for those who qualify for them. It is a waste of time and a waste of Logos' money to make us call in every time we want to order something with academic discount.
  5. Wish list
  6. Show which items are available for mobile viewing (iPhone, library.logos.com, etc). I would purchase some books for this express purpose.
  7. Allow user reviews, publishable from both on the website and from within Logos4.
  8. Suggest package deals where I could bundle a desired resource and get it for cheaper (This is currently done for some but not all resources on the website).
  9. Allow gifting: Purchasing of a resource for somebody else's username. And allow purchasing for my username by people who don't own Logos. When people ask me what they should get me for Christmas, I would love to send them a customized link that would allow a purchase by anyone that would automatically unlock a resource in my library.
  10. Gift certificates
  11. Be able to exclude resources from all future searches. Also be able to exclude resources from prepub page that I don't want.
  12. Allow us to help with text development (see http://community.logos.com/forums/t/11689.aspx)
  13. Intelligently recommend resources based on those that we own and the time that we spend reading particular resources that we own.
  14. Somehow make the logos.com homepage useful for current customers. I do not need to see an advertisement for Logos everytime I open logos.com. I'm already sold

That's all I got for now

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org

Posts 3246
Tes | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 4:30 PM

Terry Poperszky:

I would like to see greater scope given to How To: training videos/sections. Logos is a tremendous tool, but too many people who get involved with it don't know how to do systematic bible study using it. So ti becomes an extremely expensive concordance. Put together some instructional videos on:

Inductive Bible Study

Character Bible Study

Building a topical Bible study

Researching the history and cultural backgrounds of book of the bible

Proper understanding and usage of a Lectionary (this was to make up for my other comment M.J.)

Please ,these are very necessary.

Blessings in Christ.

Posts 19692
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 6:07 PM

Jacob Hantla:

7. Allow user reviews, publishable from both on the website and from within Logos4.

This made me think of another idea:

Collect (aggregate) data from people's star-ratings of resources (which you must have already on your servers because of the sync feature) and show the average star rating for each resource in the Products area of the website. Don't include ratings of zero stars in the average, because 99.9999% of the time it's just because people didn't rate it yet (I doubt anybody takes the time to go through their entire library assigning ratings to everything, leaving zero star ratings for only those items which they think are really bad). Make it clear that any items with zero stars on the website aren't necessarily that bad, it's just that nobody has given them a rating yet. (Maybe show the stars as greyed out in that case.)

Posts 1228
Ron | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 14 2010 9:11 PM

Jacob Hantla:

• Intelligently recommend resources based on those that we own and the time that we spend reading particular resources that we own.
  • +1

Also, combine the recommendation capability with the wishlist capability...intelligently recommending resources that I would potentially find interesting based on what is already on my wishlist.

Posts 373
    Ken F Hill | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 7:46 AM

Dominick Sela:
    Many many more video tutorials

I would like to see the original date next to each video.

Posts 67
    Michael Thebert | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 9:14 AM

Maybe have a forum section broken down to each book of the bible. 

That way if I had a question from something I am working with I can ask live on the forum to anyone else on at the time.

Would be nice if the forum function tracked automatically where I was in the bible like the resourses do.  so maybe not a strict website issue but a melding of Logos 4 and the forums with a function within Logos 4 to bring it up just like another resourse pane.

Search function would be very important so people aren't asking same questions so much.

Good forum moderators important so content stays on topic and reasonable.

This would bring life to bible study as the community can help each other live.  People feel good about helping others.

Posts 5
    Onell McCarthy | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 11:40 AM

Thank you well said

Posts 54
    Fred T Daniel Jr | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 8:19 PM

Don't know if this has been mentioned:

I would like an easy find that posts what the latest update to Logos 4 is/was.  My curiosity drives me nuts when the icon tells me it is downloading an update, but not what it is.

Fred Daniel

Posts 3004
    Forum MVP
    Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 9:08 PM

Fred Daniel:

I would like an easy find that posts what the latest update to Logos 4 is/was.  My curiosity drives me nuts when the icon tells me it is downloading an update, but not what it is.

Fred Daniel

They often (but not always) post the contents of these updates on the forums. 

Jacob Hantla
    gbcaz.org

Posts 19692
    Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Feb 15 2010 10:50 PM

Jacob Hantla:

Fred Daniel:

Fred Daniel

They often (but not always) post the contents of these updates on the forums. 

For the times that they do post the contents of the updates on the forum (which, as Jacob mentioned, isn't every single time), I've been collecting links to all those posts and putting them in a page on the wiki called Resource Update History: http://wiki.logos.com/Resource_Update_History. I might not get around to it right away though, so watching the forum for update announcements will be your quickest way of knowing what's new.

Posts 13428
    Mark Barnes | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 1:17 AM

For me (as an existing customer), these are the priorities:

1. Make the site recognise I'm an existing user, and don't try and sell me Logos 4!
    2. Improve the 'store'. I very much agree with Jacob, this should be integrated into Logos4 and Logos for iPhone, too. But the 'store' must, at a minimum:
      1. Clearly show me which resources are in which package (perhaps a bullet point list at the bottom of the appropriate page).
      2. Clearly show me which resources I already own (I'm envisioning a tick mark next to each item on the bullet point list).
      3. Allow me to search by resource, not just by package. Let me search by metadata (author/title/publisher), etc., just like in a proper book site. When returning results, show me which package(s) would get me that resource, or how much it costs individually.
      4. Show prices at academic rate if that is appropriate.
      5. Allow me to use credit in my account without phoning Logos.
      6. Add in standard features from other book stores: recommendations, reviews, etc.
    3. Structure the support part of the site better:
      1. Add proper tutorial videos, rather than just 1 or 2 minute clips. If nothing else, just pay MP to put his proper training videos up. The better Logos is supported, the more people will buy your software.
      2. In support, focus on tasks, not just features. Answer "How do I...?" questions.
      3. In support, offer a proper knowledgebase, which includes confirmed bugs and frequent problems. Not everyone uses the forum (nor should they).
    4. In the forums:
      1. Make search work.
      2. Keep a record of which posts which have read in each thread so we can jump to the first unread post.

This is my personal Faithlife account. On 1 March 2022, I started working for Faithlife, and have a new 'official' user account. Posts on this account shouldn't be taken as official Faithlife views!

Posts 19692
    Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 16 2010 7:59 PM

Just providing a link to another user's report about a typo on logos.com which he posted in General and I fear it's likely to get lost in the shuffle there:

http://community.logos.com/forums/t/11865.aspx

Posts 456
    Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:53 AM

John Hapgood:
    don't be trendy and don't have a bunch of things moving and flashing and spinning trying to get your attention.

Yes

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 456
    Roger Feenstra | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Feb 19 2010 10:55 AM

Mark Barnes:
    Make the site recognise I'm an existing user, and don't try and sell me Logos 4!

YesYes

Elder/Pastor, Hope Now Bible Church, Fresno CA

Posts 1210
    Ward Walker | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Feb 21 2010 4:28 PM

In the event of rapture, the site should cancel my pre-pubs/community pricing bids...

On the current site, now that there are so many resources/collections/etc, I simply can't find things easily.  Once I get a list, it is long/unwieldy--I can't strain out irrelevant stuff/refine it.  When I get to a resource, often Logos tells me so little about it I have to manually search the Internet to figure out it I would be buying amiss--the sample pages are mildly helpful except they often show parts of the book that I'd never read.  When operating in "my account," I can't easily sort or tailor columns--and not being able to click through on a title is frustrating. It really bugs me that I can't click on an option to download all the latest Logos3 files for resources I own (i.e., post-computer crash).  I've got so many CDs now I'd never manually re-assemble the full load on my own--I should have to geek-up and dig through an FTP site. 

I don't get the nice discounts others seem to, but have invested a considerable sum in resources over the years--it would be nice to get a "customer appreciation" discount.

It is probably too much of a headache for your company, but it would be nice to be able to highlight resources that tailor to (or against) specific denominations. 

The software collects/transmits a lot of intelligence about what I'm reading/doing/using to your servers; perhaps leverage that biz intel on what resources you pitch me when I log in.  Similarly, perhaps aggregate my/other's "star ratings" for resources--it would be helpful to see which products enjoy more user kudos than others.  User comments are also very helpful [sometimes, minus the invective ;-)] to get a feel for how the resource was helpful/fell short for others. 

The big bundles (Zondervan comes to mind) wind up being spam-like to me; I don't like seeing the bundle and each title listed as peers...it is confusing.  Group them/indent them or...better yet, hide the individual titles if I've marked the bundle for purchase.

I tend to look at your site daily these days...not clogging it with graphics would be a plus.

Looking forward to the future...

Posts 62
    Mike T | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 9:51 AM

How about a page for Logos User Groups?  I don't know if any currently exist, but a a few of us are trying to start a user group in North Carolina.  It is difficult / impossible to identify or contact Logos users in the area to let them know.  If there were a page dedicated to user groups, then everyone would know how to locate / communicate with nearby user groups...

Posts 3578
    steve clark | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 1:29 PM

don't know if some of these are a repeat (skimmed thru this post, but it is long)

Allow each user to have a wishlist of resources they find that they may want to buy in the future. With the ability to signal Logos if they want to notified for each item if it goes on sale. It would also be nice if we could rate (1 to 5 stars) how much i wanted that resource.

Better L4 documented help (i.e. a wiki manual which tells how to use L4 with good graphics. Videos are nice, but sometimes i want to step through a tutorial step at a time and not fight with pause & rewind.

A cross-ref page for above mentioned help. In the case where i know what i want to do, but can't find it in your wiki tutorial.

A comment area on each help topic so that we could give you feedback when the way the help topic is not helping us.

Also a set of pages which have: Did you know (which would help develop us into power users of L4)

Add a chat session, so users could discuss topics real-time.

QLinks, Bibl2, LLR, Macros
    Dell Insp 17-5748, i5, 1.7 GHz, 8G RAM, win 8.1

Posts 3004
    Forum MVP
    Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 2:09 PM

Ward Walker:

On the current site, now that there are so many resources/collections/etc, I simply can't find things easily.  Once I get a list, it is long/unwieldy--I can't strain out irrelevant stuff/refine it. 

Yes

Ward Walker:

The software collects/transmits a lot of intelligence about what I'm reading/doing/using to your servers; perhaps leverage that biz intel on what resources you pitch me when I log in.  Similarly, perhaps aggregate my/other's "star ratings" for resources--it would be helpful to see which products enjoy more user kudos than others.  User comments are also very helpful [sometimes, minus the invective ;-)] to get a feel for how the resource was helpful/fell short for others. 

Yes

Ward Walker:

The big bundles (Zondervan comes to mind) wind up being spam-like to me; I don't like seeing the bundle and each title listed as peers...it is confusing.  Group them/indent them or...better yet, hide the individual titles if I've marked the bundle for purchase.

Yes Also, allowing us to hide resources that we know we won't want to purchase would help me sort through the incredible long prepub list.

Jacob Hantla
    gbcaz.org

Posts 9552
    Forum MVP
    Mark Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 4:23 PM

On the Product Categories page please include a section called Periodicals or Journals or Magazines.

Pastor, North Park Baptist Church

Bridgeport, CT USA

Posts 1360
    Edwin Bowden | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Feb 23 2010 4:53 PM

Reorganize the "new" book section similar to the new organization of pre-pubs (by release date, price, title, author, etc.).

Page 4 of 5 (94 items) < Previous 1 2 3 4 5 Next > | RSS