Historical English translations set

Page 1 of 1 (10 items)
This post has 9 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 36097
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 10 2010 5:48 PM

I would be interested in a collection of (partial) Bible translations from Old English up to the 19th century. I am far more interested in a full set to compare than in individual texts. I would also like to see Psalters considered as partial Bible translations in this context.

If that is unrealistic, I'd at least like the Anglo-Saxon Bible (http://wordhord.org/nasb/) ... besides, I'm sure they could make good use of any licensing fees.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 2246
Damian McGrath | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2010 6:34 PM

This would be a great addition.

Posts 343
Jason Saling | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 1:30 AM

Hoping for the same!  It would be nice to have Tyndale, Coverdale, Bishops, Geneva, etc!

Jason Saling

Posts 153
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 4:52 AM

I'm very interested in this too.

That link to the Anglo-Saxon Bible does not work.

Posts 153
Mark E. Ryman | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 4:53 AM

Original Wyclif...?

Posts 36097
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 2:18 PM

Mark E. Ryman:
That link to the Anglo-Saxon Bible does not work.

Sorry - for link or search: (click to enlarge so you can read it)

Note: Yes I have read and taken the Logos' forum guidelines to heart. At this time I do not see how a reference to Anglo-Saxon texts could be competition without a broad stretch. In fact I'd be willing to provide links to Old Gothic texts or Church Slavonic. If, however, Logos promises to provide Anglo-Saxon texts, grammars and dictionaries I'll immediately request that all site identifiers be removed from this post.Geeked

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 36097
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 2:23 PM

Jason Saling:
Hoping for the same!  It would be nice to have Tyndale, Coverdale, Bishops, Geneva, etc!

Whew Confused For a bit, I thought only Catholics were interested! Smile

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 2:39 PM

Yes, I'm interested as well.  Many of these texts are in the public domain.  I would especially like to have the Geneva notes.

Posts 36097
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 2:55 PM

DHG:
 I would especially like to have the Geneva notes.

I did not create these but:

1) download

2) unzip

3) place in the annotations directory of L3

4) import into L4 (beta) or wait for the next release

4035.Geneva notes.zip

Now that wasn't hard was it. And thanks to whoever had originally put this file together.

Posts 249
DHG | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Feb 13 2010 4:59 PM

Thank you so much!

Page 1 of 1 (10 items) | RSS