Notes Sync Maintenance

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next >
This post has 46 Replies | 10 Followers

Posts 41
LogosEmployee
Adam Poit | Forum Activity | Posted: Sun, Sep 6 2015 6:03 PM

We are planning on performing maintenance on Notes sync this holiday weekend. We plan on starting the maintenance on Monday, September 7th at 2PM PDT, and we expect the service to be offline until Tuesday, September 8th at 8AM PDT.

You will still be able to create notes locally, however you will not be able to sync them up to our servers. There will be an exclamation point indicating that there is an issue with Sync, but that will be resolved once we have completed maintenance. Rest assured, all your data will be secure and preserved.

Everyone on the Documents Team appreciates your patience as we undergo this maintenance.

Posts 7616
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 6 2015 6:07 PM

Thanks for the heads up Adam.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 1
George LeBleu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 6 2015 10:08 PM

thank you for your message. hope it goes well ,have a great day. God blessing on you.George

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

You can subscribe to status updates about Faithlife services.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 1
Yvonne Beals | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 4:18 AM

Thank you for the "heads up"

Posts 1
Benjamin Cocar | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 7:15 AM

Thank you for letting us know about this work you are doing on Labor Day. 

Posts 1
Dong Koo Joseph Kim | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 10:46 AM

I always wonder when you are going to provide Korean in note. Because I tried many times but does not support in Korean.

Plz. let us have mercy! :)

Posts 1
Bert Kidd | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 10:48 AM

Thanks I really appreciate what you do for the program

Posts 223
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 11:43 AM

Thanks for letting us know.

Posts 1
Theodore Edwards | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 7 2015 5:16 PM

Thanks, Adam, you're a prince!

Posts 698
LogosEmployee

Adam Poit:
We plan on starting the maintenance on Monday, September 7th at 2PM PDT, and we expect the service to be offline until Tuesday, September 8th at 8AM PDT.

We started performing maintenance on Notes sync during the U.S. holiday Monday, September 7th. We started Monday, September 7th at 2 PM PDT, and we originally expected the service to be offline until Tuesday, September 8th at 8 AM PDT, however, the process is taking about twice as long as our preliminary tests indicated. We now believe it will complete in the wee hours of the morning (PDT) of Wednesday, September 9th. The process is going well, just more slowly than we expected.

Director of Engineering for Enterprise and Operations

Posts 7616
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 9:45 AM

Cameron Watters (Faithlife):
The process is going well, just more slowly than we expected.

I think that we can all relate to things taking much longer than expected.

We really appreciate your efforts to keep us updated. Thank you!

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 367
Bob Deacon | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 9:46 AM

Not acceptable! Thanks for the info, however there has to be a better system than this. Only my opinion which will not be met with much grace I'm sure.

Bob Deacon

MacBook Pro, OSX Yosemite

Posts 1
Anthony Papadakis | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 1:44 PM

I'm a developer, too, and things like this *always* go more slowly than planned.  Production databases always have little gremlin communes not found in test databases. 

Keep up the good work!

Posts 2782
Forum MVP
Jacob Hantla | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 3:03 PM

Thanks. For me it's good to know there's no syncing and it's not unexpected. I now just know to only work on notes on a single machine.

Jacob Hantla
Pastor/Elder, Grace Bible Church
gbcaz.org | hantla.com/blog

Posts 116
Michael Fordham | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 11:51 PM

Thanks for letting us know, that is most appreciated!  I also know that these things can take longer than expected and so I am happy to be patient!

Blessings,

Michael

Posts 62
J. Bryant Evans | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 7:41 AM

"gremlin communes" - I love that.

Posts 1
kinwesley | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 7:44 AM

Thanks, God bless you!

Posts 229
Steve Farson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 9:59 AM

If I'm continuing to get "an error occurred during synchronization"... a red exclamation, is it because of this issue?

Posts 7069
LogosEmployee

Steve Farson:

If I'm continuing to get "an error occurred during synchronization"... a red exclamation, is it because of this issue?

Yes.

Check http://status.faithlife.com/ for the latest status (currently "Degraded performance", which can cause a sync error icon).

Page 1 of 3 (47 items) 1 2 3 Next > | RSS
Copyright 1992-2015 Faithlife / Logos Bible Software.