Looking for book equivilent - requesting help

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
This post has 3 Replies | 0 Followers

Posts 19
Jason B | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Feb 10 2010 8:53 PM

Logos helped to publish a book entitled "The English-Greek Reverse Interlinear New Testament: English Standard Version", and that book is just what it says in the title, plus it has the addition of the greek morphology  in the interlinear as well for each word.  I am planning to purchase this book, as I am wanting to get ahold of a few books for my physical library that will help me from feeling lost if my computer goes down and I need to reference hard copy books while I'm without my computer.

The thing I am needing help with, is that I found exactly the book I needed for the new testament, where it gives me the english word being used, the greek word it represents, the morphology of the greek word, and the strong's number to reference it by.  What I now need is the exact same thing in old testament form, where I would love to have the exact same book just the way they published it, just for the old testament hebrew.  So is there a bible anywhere that is a reverse interlinear with the english and hebrew word, morphology, and strong's numbering for the word?  If such a book does not exist, is there anywhere I can purchase the word for word morphology of the old testament hebrew?  I'm not an original language buff and need the crutch of reference works to give me morphology as well as as strong's or GK numbering system to aid in word look up.  So can anybody point me in the direction of such a book that I can purchase online, and at the very least, a reference work with the morphology for each hebrew word in the OT.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give this struggling bible researcher! :)

Posts 18821
Rosie Perera | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Feb 10 2010 9:38 PM

Try the Old Testament Parsing Guide by Todd S. Beall, Colin S. Smith, and William A. Banks, alongside a basic interlinear OT like The Interlinear NIV Hebrew-English Old Testament by John R. Kohlenberger III. I don't know of a book that combines all of that in one. The OT Parsing Guide gives the Hebrew word, the stem, morphology, a gloss, and BDB (Brown-Driver-Briggs) and KB (Koehler-Baumgartner) numbers, but not Strong's numbers. It only does the key Hebrew words, though, and does them in Hebrew order, not in the English order that a reverse interlinear would give you.

Posts 1874
Alan Macgregor | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 3:11 AM

Thinking back to days before computers, I checked my shelves and found a couple of books in addition to Rosie's excellent suggestions, which you might find useful:

1. The Wigram's New Englishman's Hebrew Concordance (coded with Strong's Concordance Numbers) by Jay P. Green (Peabody, Mass: Hendrickson Publishers, 1984, ISBN 0-913573-21-3)
  2. Index to Brown, Driver & Briggs Hebrew Lexicon by Bruce Einspahr (Chicago: Moody Press, 1976, ISBN 0-8024-4082-7)

iMac Retina 5K, 27": 4GHz; 16GB RAM;MacOS 10.12.2; 1TB FD; Logos 7

MacBook Air 13.3": 1.8GHz; 4GB RAM; MacOS 10.12.2; 256GB SSD; Logos 7

iPad Pro 32GB WiFi iOS 10.2

iPhone 5s 32GB iOS 10.2

Posts 19
Jason B | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Feb 11 2010 10:38 AM

Great suggestions everyone...just what I was looking for! :)  I never want to do research by the book, but if there is ever a time when I don't have access to my computer for any reason, I would like to know I can still get results the "old fashioned" way! ;)

God bless and thanks for your help...been searching a while, and your input has helped me end this search! :D

Page 1 of 1 (4 items) | RSS