Can't Send to Microsoft Word from Print/Export

Page 1 of 1 (16 items)
This post has 15 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Posted: Tue, Sep 8 2015 4:11 AM

I have Logos 6 Now on the mac OS.  However, this was also an issue for me when I was running Logos 5.  When I try to send to Microsoft Word from the print/export page, I get the following error:

Error: -1708. Microsoft Word got an error:  document doesn't understand the "count" message.

Is this a flaw with Logos or Microsoft?

Posts 1077
Lee | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 4:41 AM

Hi Donna

I googled it, take a look at this it may help if it is microsoft.

http://word.tips.net/T000836_Errors_while_Printing.html  

Lee

L4 Bible Study, L5 Reformed Bronze, & L5 Gold, L6 Platinum & Reformed Platinum, L7 Platinum, L8 Baptist Platinum.
2015 rMBP 15" 2.2GHz 16GB 256GB SSD, running macOS Mojave   iPad Mini 4,   iPhone 6.

Posts 10584
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 5:05 AM

Logos 6.6 Beta 3 Mac OS 10.10.5

I do not have any problem sending a 10 page printout to MS Word 2011.

We need some more explanation. How are you attempting to send the text? How much? Which version of Logos—(Logos 6 Has several versions)? We need the kind of information I put in the first line of this post. We will also need logs—See the Mac Logs link in my signature.

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 6:09 AM

It didn't work for me, but I am using Microsoft Word 2011 for Mac

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 6:20 AM

Jack,

Here is the info you have requested:

Version of Logos:  

Logos Bible Software 6.5 SR-1 6.5.0.0044

2043.LogosLogs.donnabanks1.20150908-091713.zip

Posts 10584
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 1:05 PM

Donna:
Here is the info you have requested:

Donna

The logs are incomplete, and this error is contained numerous times in you Logos Indexer log

2015-09-07 05:52:11.234 LogosIndexer[348:3741] Logos Logging is not enabled.

Did you download and use the Logos Logging Utility? The title of your logging attachment seems to indicate that you did use the utility. You must enable logging and restart Logos. Try to export a file to MS Word. Then quit Logos and archive logs before restarting.

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 5:45 PM

Okay ... I did this again. Hopefully it will work.  However, I am worried because when I quit Loos after I had attempted the print, I got a message not he logging utility that changes would not take effect until I restarted Logos.  Here's the log file:  8883.LogosLogs.donnabanks1.20150908-204134.zip

Posts 10584
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 8 2015 6:43 PM

Donna:
Okay ... I did this again. Hopefully it will work.

It worked. Thank you. I am—at best—a rank amateur at log reading, but I will do what I can. 

It just occurred to me. Are you attempting to export to an open Word document? I cannot check the option labeled 1 in the screenshot, because Logos repeatedly insists on opening Parallels when I click this link. Before option 2 can work, you must have an open document in MS Word BEFORE you select Print in Logos. If you open a Word document after selecting print, Logos will not recognize that it is present.

In you logs there appears to be a command to print LLS:SIGSALVTN which is The Significance of Salvation. I was able to successfully export chapter 1 to an open MS Word document.

Please list the steps you took in trying to export to MS Word.

NOTE: Someone else reported this same error message back in April. Logos employee Tommy Ball requested more information, but the OP never returned. There was no resolution to this problem. I will see if I can get a Logos employee to join this thread.

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 4:17 AM

I was not trying to export to an open document, but I have tried it and I continue to get the same result.  I am actually trying to export my prayer list.

So ... here are the steps:

1.  Open Prayer List

2.  Choose Print/Export from menu

3.  In the Print/Export window, I choose "Send to New Document  Microsoft Word" (then I receive the error message)

Also, while typing this, I went back to see if the "Past to open Document Microsoft Word" would work and I get the same message.

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 9:57 AM

Hi Donna,

Can you Save To PDF? (See the image for where that option is in the Print/Export window)

Posts 10584
Forum MVP
Jack Caviness | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 11:18 AM

Donna:
 I am actually trying to export my prayer list.

I see that Tommy Ball is now part of this conversation, so I will leave you in his capable hands. I will watch, so I may have an answer next time this error arises.

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 11:37 AM

Tommy,

I can save to pdf.  It appears that the only things that don't work are those associated with Microsoft Word.  Thanks for looking at this.

Donna

Posts 3154
LogosEmployee
Thomas Ball | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 5:23 PM

Donna:
I can save to pdf.

If this is the case then the problem is with Word 2011. We send to .PDF in the same way we send to Word, and we're unable to replicate the behavior.My suggestion is to look into this error on some Word 2011 user forums or re-install Word 2011 itself. 

Posts 1002
LimJK | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 9:42 PM

Donna,

I have same environment, after reading you post, I just tried to export the Word 2011, it is to working for me.

The this is the version I use

JK

MacBookPro Retina 15" Late 2013 2.6GHz RAM:16GB SSD:500GB macOS Sierra 10.12.3 | iPhone 7 Plus iOS 10.2.1

Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 10 2015 4:09 AM
LimJK, That is the exact version I have. After seeing your response, I tried deleting my Microsoft preference files, but that still didn't help. Do you have any special things checked in either your Word or Logos preferences that might make a difference?
Posts 31
Donna | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 12 2015 3:49 PM
Here is another twist. I was traveling when I had the issue so I was on my laptop (a Macbook Pro). I'm now home, working on my iMac and it works fine. So … not sure if there is something on the MacBook Pro or what. I'll keep working on it.
Page 1 of 1 (16 items) | RSS