Good (or best) phone to upgrade to (for Logos use)?

Page 1 of 1 (11 items)
This post has 10 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 2784
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 9 2015 11:29 AM

I am aware that this have been discussed many times, however, if anyone can suggest some pretty quick, off the top of the head, answers, I'd appreciate it.

I currently use a Note 2 (dated now), and my carrier is T-Mobile. I'll pretty much be seek a no cost upgrade (but that's for me to work out). I'm not committed to Samsung or Android (although an iPhone would be new to me). My eyes are a little weaker now, than they were a few years ago, so clarity is pretty much a requirement now.

Thanks.

Posts 5321
Dan Francis | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 11:40 AM

I really like my iPhone and from what I have heard the iOS version of the Logos Apps feel a bit more polished. I would advise you to go to your local store and ask them to allow you to download the Logos App to the demo phone... try it out out and see how you like it. for me the 6 is large enough but the 6+ is an even bigger screen. With the new models set to come out in October now is the time to get a discounted price as they attempt to clear out old models.

-Dan 

Posts 391
Geo Philips | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 12:06 PM

I have an Android phone but I agree the Logos iOS app is more polished (not necessarily that the Android app is lacking any features, the iOS app feels more refined)

Posts 9797
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 12:19 PM

Dan Francis:
I would advise you to go to your local store and ask them to allow you to download the Logos App to the demo phone... try it out out and see how you like it. for me the 6 is large enough but the 6+ is an even bigger screen.

I absolutely love using Logos on my 6+. It is perhaps the primary reason why I chose it over the 6. I have an ipad mini too but I find that the 6+ causes me to use it far less as it is much more portable.

I should add that I am a dedicated PC user and used to use Logos on an Android phone. I have never regretted going to Apple for my smartphone and found it very easy to learn and superior to the Android app.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 30479
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 1:17 PM

Dan Francis:

with the new models set to come out in October now is the time to get a discounted price as they attempt to clear out old models.

pre order next week, available on 25th. 

macOS, iOS & iPadOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 452
Mitchell | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 1:37 PM

OP picked a good day to ask this question.

Another vote for the iPhone here.

Posts 2938
Mike Childs | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 1:41 PM

I also love my 6+.

"In all cases, the Church is to be judged by the Scripture, not the Scripture by the Church," John Wesley

Posts 2784
Erwin Stull, Sr. | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 3:11 PM

Thank you all for the quick responses, there are most helpful. The iPhone 6+ it is, that I will be seeking. I checked with my carrier, and they said that the free upgrades are a thing of the past, and that they haven't offered that for a few years now. That gives you an idea of how long it has been since I last upgraded. I at least have my mind set on the iPhone 6+, and can seek ways of obtaining one.

Thanks again, and may blessings of ALL kinds rain down upon you. Smile

Posts 8934
DAL | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 3:39 PM

The iPhone 6+ 

Posts 238
Charles | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 5:18 PM

I have to agree. The iPhone 6+ makes it easy to display things like the "Faithlife Study Bible Notes" alongside your favorite translation.  Of course they'll even look better on the new iPad Pro Apple announced today.  Wink

2017 27" iMac 5K, Mojave, 10.5" iPad Pro, iPhone 7+, iPhone 8, iOS 12.0, Catalina beta, iPadOS Beta  

Posts 2002
mike | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Sep 9 2015 7:05 PM

Because the development Logos app on iOS is much better than Android ecosystem.

Still waiting on the Android devs to update the Android version for awhile now. So SLOW.

Also new features on mobile devices are very slowly being implemented. 

Page 1 of 1 (11 items) | RSS