Can't 'Send to Kindle' for 'Unseen Realm' by Heiser

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next >
This post has 32 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 69
Nick Watson | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 11 2015 7:09 AM

I'm trying to send Heiser's 'Unseen Realm' to my Kindle - I bought it in Logos rather than Kindle for the tagging etc., expecting to be able to send it to my Kindle to read through as I do for most of my theology books when I want to read them rather than refer to them. I can open it on my iPad and Android phone, but can't send to Kindle. 

Is this a limitation on the particular title?

Posts 4768
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 7:34 AM

I do not have this resource, but I did see that the send to kindle function is not available for His book "I Dare you not to Bore Me with the Bible".

Posts 8640
TCBlack | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 7:48 AM

Correct. This title is currently not a "send to kindle" title.

Hmm Sarcasm is my love language. Obviously I love you. 

Posts 2933
Doc B | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 7:52 AM

Well then, *every single* product page ought to clearly indicate which titles cannot be sent to Kindle.

I would urge you to return it for a refund and tell them why.

My thanks to the various MVPs. Without them Logos would have died early. They were the only real help available.

Faithlife Corp. owes the MVPs free resources for life.

Posts 10788
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 8:19 AM

Faithlife once explained that for a book to be able to be sent to Kindle (assuming no publisher restriction and the Kindle file doesn't go beyond Amazon's 50mb limit), it needs to be built on a server holding the library of all 'sendable-to-Kindle' books. It seems this build is performed somewhat infrequently, so a book that just came out last week or so is not likely to be sendable today, but maybe in some weeks time this will change. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 69
Nick Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 9:10 AM

Interesting - I've had 'I Dare you Not to Bore Me' on my Kindle for ages, so it must have been sendable at some point!

Posts 69
Nick Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 9:11 AM

Thanks - that's reassuring! I'll try to be patient...

Posts 1287
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 10:50 AM

We just pushed out an updated version of Unseen Realm. This updated version should have Send to Kindle supported. Unfortunately due to the nature of this feature it might not be available for 24-48 hours. (This is the same delay that occurs on all mobile channels when we push out updates to new resources.)

Sorry for the inconvenience and please let us know if you have any further troubles.

Posts 69
Nick Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 12 2015 3:58 AM

Kyle - thanks for a prompt response!

Nick

Posts 1778
Robert M. Warren | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 12 2015 4:20 AM

Fredc:
the send to kindle function is not available for His book "I Dare you not to Bore Me with the Bible".

If you're a Now subscriber and haven't separately purchased this resource, that's the reason. It's apparently one of this month's Now temporary access resources.

Win 10 | Android 9 | Fire OS 5

Posts 73
John Crupper | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Sep 12 2015 9:47 AM

Very frustrating issue. 

I purchased the Logos version right when it was released. Ended up calling tech support about the lack of the "Send to Kindle" link. They were absolutely clueless. They sent me instructions like I had no idea what I was doing and had not even set up my Logos account to do this. This was in spite of the fact that I clearly told the tech that I had many other books that I had sent to my Kindle and that the issue was that the link was not there. 

I find reading in the Android Logos app to be a pain and really prefer to read in the Kindle reader.

I ended up returning the Logos version and purchasing the Kindle version from Amazon. No to hear that this has been corrected and that the Logos version can be sent to Kindle is REALLY FRUSTRATING.

How about a comp copy for a customer who has spent a LOT of money on the platform? Smile

Posts 69
Nick Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2015 8:18 AM

Kyle - still no 'send to Kindle' for this resource. Any progress?

Thanks

Nick

Posts 28495
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2015 8:26 AM

Nick Watson:
still no 'send to Kindle' for this resource. Any progress?

While we wait for him to respond... Have you tried the commands update now and/or update resources ? Did you see a download of the resource?

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 1287
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2015 12:31 PM

Could you give me the resource file information?

It should be

LLS:UNSEENREALM
2015-09-11T16:46:18Z
UNSEENREALM.logos4

Posts 2772
Forum MVP
Ted Hans | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2015 1:53 PM

I can confirm that the resource file is:

UNSEENREALM.logos4

But no send to kindle link.

Dell, studio XPS 7100, Ram 8GB, 64 - bit Operating System, AMD Phenom(mt) IIX6 1055T Processor 2.80 GHZ

Posts 9252
Forum MVP
Bruce Dunning | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2015 2:29 PM

Ted Hans:

Same here. I'm currently reading it on my ipad mini instead.

Using adventure and community to challenge young people to continually say "yes" to God

Posts 436
Adam Olean | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2015 9:38 AM

Ted Hans:

I can confirm that the resource file is:

UNSEENREALM.logos4

I can confirm this as well. Yes

Posts 1287
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2015 1:27 PM

Thank you for the resource info. We're using that info and trying to diagnose the product.

Posts 509
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 21 2015 9:56 AM

Anything new on this?

Thanks!

Posts 69
Nick Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 25 2015 6:27 AM

This seems to be a more complicated problem than I'd expected... sorry! 

Any progress?

Nick

Page 1 of 2 (33 items) 1 2 Next > | RSS