Can't 'Send to Kindle' for 'Unseen Realm' by Heiser

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2
This post has 32 Replies | 4 Followers

Posts 2058
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2015 11:12 AM

Is there any word on when this might be fixed yet?  I am currently reading it on my phone.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 72
John Crupper | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2015 11:41 AM

Guessing from what I've read that it's still an issue.

I did end up just buying the Kindle version and the formatting relative to notes and Bible passages is exactly what you find in "Send to Kindle" format. All the hyperlinks have the full text of the hyperlink at the end of the book.

Seems like the Kindle purchased version is what you would expect to find if you  were able to send from Logos.

Posts 2058
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Oct 5 2015 12:56 PM

John Crupper:

Guessing from what I've read that it's still an issue.

I did end up just buying the Kindle version and the formatting relative to notes and Bible passages is exactly what you find in "Send to Kindle" format. All the hyperlinks have the full text of the hyperlink at the end of the book.

Seems like the Kindle purchased version is what you would expect to find if you  were able to send from Logos.

Yeah, I just don't want to have to buy it twice, as I already own the Logos version.

Disclaimer:  I hate using messaging, texting, and email for real communication.  If anything that I type to you seems like anything other than humble and respectful, then I have not done a good job typing my thoughts.

Posts 3688
Floyd Johnson | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2015 4:41 PM

Kyle G. Anderson:
We just pushed out an updated version of Unseen Realm. This updated version should have Send to Kindle supported. Unfortunately due to the nature of this feature it might not be available for 24-48 hours. (This is the same delay that occurs on all mobile channels when we push out updates to new resources.)

As of this afternoon (October 5, 2015 at 7:40 PM EDT) I still cannot send Unseen Realm to my Kindle. Has anybody else got this to work?

Blessings,
Floyd

Pastor-Patrick.blogspot.com

Posts 506
Rodney Phillips | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Oct 6 2015 5:06 PM

Same here..  I dont have the Option to send to Kindle for this book..

Posts 1250
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Wed, Oct 7 2015 9:16 AM

My apologies. We are still working on the issue.

Posts 69
Nick Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2015 3:41 PM

I'm intrigued by the delay in this - it makes me wonder what the problem is, and in turn how the whole 'send to kindle' thing works if it's a separate property in a book which clearly can't be just switched on and off. Is there some kind of different formatting?

If not, why is it taking so long!?

Posts 28289
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Oct 25 2015 7:19 PM

Nick Watson:
how the whole 'send to kindle' thing works

I have no idea why the delay. As for the process... I understand some of it. The "send to kindle" feature utilizes the "send to kindle" feature Amazon has for emailing documents to a kindle email address. The "book" that is send is in a different format and is seen as a "document" by Amazon. When you tell your installation of Logos to "send" a book to your kindle, a document is emailed to your kindle account from the Logos servers. 

By the way... the reason you can't switch your kindle email address manually is to prevent fraud. You are allowed to enter your address once. If you need it changed, Faithlife requires you to contact them and have their CS do it for you... else someone could start a business of selling ebooks via the send to kindle feature and just keep changing the email addresses. 

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 69
Nick Watson | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Nov 22 2015 1:21 PM

Any news?

Posts 1250
LogosEmployee
Kyle G. Anderson | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Nov 23 2015 11:06 AM

I apologize for the delay. We're still working on an update to back-end services required to support the feature for this resource.

Unfortunately, I do not have an ETA at this point.

Posts 2058
Joseph Turner | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Dec 15 2015 4:50 AM

How is this still not fixed?  Are no new resources able to be sent to Kindle, or is it just this resource?  

Posts 150
Darcy S. Van Horn | Forum Activity | Replied: Sat, Dec 19 2015 3:48 PM

Bump

Page 2 of 2 (33 items) < Previous 1 2 | RSS