Attention Phil Gons and everyone else re: Warfield reading list

Page 1 of 1 (7 items)
This post has 6 Replies | 2 Followers

Posts 26305
Forum MVP
MJ. Smith | Forum Activity | Posted: Fri, Sep 11 2015 11:33 AM

This is an excellent idea especially if constantly updated. It would be nice if the works by was complete even if not available in Logos but that would limit the automation possibilities.

Orthodox Bishop Hilarion Alfeyev: "To be a theologian means to have experience of a personal encounter with God through prayer and worship."

Posts 70
Timothy Jang | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 12:11 PM

I agree and thank you Phil for the list.

But some resources I have list unlocked. For example, I have The International Standard Biblie Encyclopedia, edited by James Orr, but it won't open as I click, saying "I don't have a license to view..." Am I missing something? 

Posts 27560
Forum MVP
JT (alabama24) | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 11 2015 12:19 PM

Hojune:
I have The International Standard Biblie Encyclopedia, edited by James Orr, but it won't open as I click, saying "I don't have a license to view..." Am I missing something?

There are different editions. I presume you own the one, but not the other.

OSX & iOS | Logs |  Install

Posts 240
Alexxy Olu | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 13 2015 10:57 AM

alabama24:

Hojune:
I have The International Standard Biblie Encyclopedia, edited by James Orr, but it won't open as I click, saying "I don't have a license to view..." Am I missing something?

There are different editions. I presume you own the one, but not the other.

I have a similar problem.

All the references to the ISBE are showing the locked padlock.

But I have both ISBE editions.

When I click the locked padlock it says "I don't have the licence to view"

When I then clicked through to the Logos website, the resource is greyed out showing that I own it.

So what is happening here?

Posts 9969
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Sun, Sep 13 2015 11:08 AM

Alexxy Olu:

When I click the locked padlock it says "I don't have the licence to view"

When I then clicked through to the Logos website, the resource is greyed out showing that I own it.

So what is happening here?

The ISBE link goes to still another edition of the early-20th-century version of ISBE. No worries. I suspect someone will update the Reading List with alternative links. 

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Posts 1812
LogosEmployee
Phil Gons (Faithlife) | Forum Activity | Replied: Mon, Sep 14 2015 11:17 PM

This was created before we had our own original ISBE. Before that there was an Ages edition of ISBE that we've since retired/replaced. I'll see if I can update the links sometime.

Posts 9969
Forum MVP
NB.Mick | Forum Activity | Replied: Tue, Sep 15 2015 12:44 AM

Phil Gons (Faithlife):

This was created before we had our own original ISBE. Before that there was an Ages edition of ISBE that we've since retired/replaced. I'll see if I can update the links sometime.

No worries, the list gives three alternative editions of old ISBE now and thus should work for most people and needs no further editing for this reason (unless there is an ISBE datatype that allows replacing those lines with one that works across all editions).

Running Logos 8 latest beta version on Win 10

Page 1 of 1 (7 items) | RSS