Logos 6 On Line Training Videos Not Working Since Updating to Microsoft 10 and Microsoft Edge

Page 1 of 1 (8 items)
This post has 7 Replies | 1 Follower

Posts 28
Cliff S | Forum Activity | Posted: Wed, Sep 16 2015 6:07 PM

Since upgrading to MS10 and MS Edge I have found the on line video training for Logos 6 will not work. It either just sits there loading and doesn't play or it only plays the sound. Anyone else have this issue and are there any fixes for it?

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2015 5:34 AM

Hi Clifford, do you mean the Logos Pro Videos like this one on Grammatical Constructions?

https://www.logos.com/logos-pro/greek-grammatical-constructions 

If have tried it on Chrome and Edge on Windows 10 Pro and it works fine, video and audio. 

Can you play other Youtube videos? If you can supply a link of one you are having trouble with I'll try it - could be a problem with one ora few videos I have not tried.

Posts 4410
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2015 5:39 AM

I am able to view the videos on the logos support site, the quickstart, and the mobile ed.

Which training videos are you having trouble with?

Posts 28
Cliff S | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2015 8:01 AM

I am struggling with trying to narrowing it down. I am having issues with the Pro site, You Tube, and with the videos within Logos 6 (Gold). I have been able to get them to work then I come back and they are back to the same problem. I don't understand why they suddenly start to work.  I also cannot get the video on my Morris Proctor DVDs to work either. Sound is working fine. Maybe windows 10 has changed something that prevents me from seeing the video portion. I can usually hear what they are saying although the sound in the quick start ones in Logos 6 breaks up. I usually am able to figure out the issue but I am finding Win 10 to be more difficult.

Posts 2829
Don Awalt | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2015 10:12 AM

You may want to check the web site of your graphics card manufacturer to see if you have the latest video driver. Many people are having issues due to their video driver, I am on NVIDIA and I am on my third version since Windows 10 came out in the end of July. Especially if your card is AMD or NVIDIA, there have been updates over the last several weeks.

AMD: http://support.amd.com/en-us/download 

NVIDIA: http://www.nvidia.com/Download/index.aspx?lang=en-us 

Posts 28
Cliff S | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2015 12:26 PM

Checked drivers and updated them. Still have the same problem. My laptop works fine but the desktop does't. They have different graphic cards though. It appears to be something unique to the one computer. I appreciate your suggestions. I will keep exploring the issue.

Posts 4410
Forum MVP
Fred Chapman | Forum Activity | Replied: Thu, Sep 17 2015 12:43 PM

Clifford W Sneed:
I am having issues with the Pro site, You Tube, and with the videos within Logos 6 (Gold).

Are you having trouble with all videos (i.e. non logos video on YouTube) or just Logos created content?

If it is the latter, there may be a firewall issue on that machine.

Posts 28
Cliff S | Forum Activity | Replied: Fri, Sep 18 2015 9:12 AM

Thank you all for your suggestions. After doing a search I found a solution that fixed the problem on my computer at: 

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/ie/forum/ie11-iewindows_10/youtube-does-not-work-well-microsoft-edge/4a7ea44a-101c-431e-913c-1a72e9858ca7?auth=1

This person posted the following solution which worked for me.

AykutKose replied on July 31, 2015See post history

Yup i posted the solution in another discussion, here it is again:

Well guys this is the solution:

First press the combo

-Windows (that button on the righr lowest row of your keyboard) + R

-now type, or copy/paste this: inetcpl.cpl-You will get Internet properties, now select tab: Advanced options

-Scroll down and you will see something like:

"Use Software rendering instead GPU rendering"

-check that box, safe it and restart Edge.

Thank you all again!

Page 1 of 1 (8 items) | RSS